Every spring, Pipe Dream curates content related to drugs — both medicinal and recreational — in our annual Drug Issue. In this year’s issue, our News section conveys informative content about drug safety and current events such as the ADHD medication shortage, while our Opinions columnists give their two cents on topics such as MDMA. Finally, our Arts & Culture section debunks misinformation on pertinent topics such as birth control and gender affirming care, all while providing the perfect soundtrack for enjoyable highs.

News

Arts

What’s true and false about birth control

It’s important to establish the facts from the false and misleading information surrounding birth control.

Read more

Confronting myths about gender affirming care

In this Drug Issue article, we will identify, break down and confront six myths that surround gender-affirming care.

Read more

The ultimate playlist to listen to while high

Everyone has different music tastes that will make their selection different, but here are some song suggestions for creating the ultimate experience and playlist.

Read more

Child actor syndrome and addiction

Child stars who suffer from child actor syndrome can experience mental health struggles such as anxiety, depression, identity crises and burnout.

Read more

Just Breathe Dispensary fosters community around cannabis

As New York state’s first licensed cannabis dispensary, Just Breathe’s stock offers a wide selection of marijuana flower, pre-rolls and edibles, in addition to an assortment of vapes, gummies and disposables.

Read more

Ten movies and TV shows to watch while stoned

Here’s a list of 10 made-for-stoners TV shows and movies that will take your mind away from the couch and into a world of your very own.

Read more

Psilocybin as a therapy tool

Can magic mushrooms — a drug people often use to take a trip recreationally — be used as a therapy tool?

Read more

A recipe for ‘special’ brownies

If you are looking for a smoke-free alternative, this recipe for edible brownies will give you a sweet high.

Read more

Opinions