Drug Issue 2024

What's the deal with vaping?

So, what’s the deal with vaping? We all know someone who does it, even if we haven’t done it ourselves. But why have e-cigarettes become such a hot topic over the years?...

Drug Issue 2024

Don't do drugs

Growing up I was told many things — always do the right thing, be nice to girls, never do drugs. It’s honestly funny that I’m writing for the drug issue. I feel...

Drug Issue 2024

How to take molly

Beauty, Grace, MDMA. Grace and beauty can look like projectile vomiting on to the sidewalk for 10 seconds, catching your breath, then talking about how throwing up is an amazing experience. Miss...

Drug Issue 2024

A recipe for 'special' brownies

Edible brownies have been a helpful and common smoke-free alternative to taking in cannabis for decades. While brownies and other edible treats do seem like a safer pathway to using cannabis recreationally,...

Drug Issue 2024

Psilocybin as a therapy tool

Can magic mushrooms — a drug people often use to take a trip recreationally — be used as a therapy tool? As it turns out, the hallucinogenic substance psilocybin that comes from...

Drug Issue 2024

Ten movies and TV shows to watch while stoned

There isn’t much better than kicking it back on a Friday night, sparking up your favorite strain of flower and binge-watching your favorite TV shows and movies with friends — or solo,...

Drug Issue 2024

Just Breathe Dispensary fosters community around cannabis

Just Breathe — Binghamton’s first cannabis retailer — originally opened on Court Street in July 2021 as a CBD store, and expanded to licensed marijuana products in February 2023. As New York...

Drug Issue 2024

Child actor syndrome and addiction

Child star Hilary Duff was recently on the “Good Guys” podcast, hosted by Josh Peck and Ben Soffer (1). Duff, a past Nickelodeon star, has famously avoided the often-tragic fate of young...

Drug Issue 2024

The ultimate playlist to listen to while high

Many college students enjoy getting high, on life, of course, lounging in their dorms and most important of all — listening to music. Music can set the tone for any trip or...

Drug Issue 2024

Confronting myths about gender affirming care

In the last year, a series of almost 500 anti-LGBTQ+ bills were introduced in state legislatures. The effect of these laws on the everyday lives of transgender people in the United States...