Off-Campus Events

A Buffalonian's guide to the best at Binghamton Wingfest

Each year, thousands of Binghamton residents crowd into the baseball diamond of NYSEG Stadium for the city’s annual Wingfest, and this Saturday was no different. Featuring more than a dozen wing vendors,...

Off-Campus Events

Cafe Oasis hosts first EDM concert in series with HOTBOX 001

On Saturday, Downtown Binghamton bar and hookah lounge Cafe Oasis will explore the diverse history of electronic music as it hosts the first iteration of “HOTBOX.” “HOTBOX 001” is described by its...

Off-Campus Events

BU Art Museum debuts exhibit on African American identity

This week, the Binghamton University Art Museum presented depictions of the difficulties of finding self-identity as a marginalized person with its newest gallery exhibition. The gallery, “not but nothing other: African-American Portrayals,...

Off-Campus Events

Upcoming fall festivals for sweater weather weekends

With sweater weather rapidly approaching, you may find yourself looking for ways to enjoy the last few days of summer. Whether you’d like to get off campus, get a better feel for...

Off-Campus Events

Recommendations for the best bites at Trucks on the Tracks

On Aug. 29, a plethora of mouthwatering scents wafted from the Lackawanna Train Station as eateries and restaurants presented their cuisine at Binghamton’s local food truck festival, Trucks on the Tracks. There...

Off-Campus Events

LUMA to light up Downtown Binghamton with projection festival

This weekend, the walls of shops, bars and government buildings in Downtown Binghamton will light up with the work of projection artists from all over the world as part of the fifth-annual...

Off-Campus Events

What's new in town for September's First Friday

This month’s First Friday will take place on Sept. 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will include 19 venues in Downtown Binghamton, on the West Side and on the South...

Off-Campus Events

BU senior finds success with NYC theatre productions

A Binghamton University student is using skills developed in her courses to produce theatre shows in New York City. Last summer, Molly Heller, a senior majoring in theatre, interned at Feinstein’s/54 Below...

Off-Campus Events

Local drag kings take the stage at Bundy Museum

The flamboyant melodies of Lizzo, Adam Lambert, Sam Smith and other iconic artists echoed in the Bundy Museum of History and Art Saturday night as local drag kings took the stage. On...

Off-Campus Events

Avoid the early-semester slog with these community jogs

Even as the fall semester begins winding up, summer is still in full swing. Despite the beautiful weather, many students opt to shut in and either focus on studies or binge Netflix...

Off-Campus Events

A guide to spending this summer in Binghamton

While most students head home each summer to relax and forget about the losses that were taken this semester, some are still stuck in Binghamton for classes, jobs or other responsibilities. It...