The new semester is here, and with it are new events for Binghamton University students to attend! Many multicultural organizations on campus are hosting events for students new and old to get back into the groove and to introduce their clubs to new people. On Sunday, most of these clubs made their first marks at the annual Multicultural Festival. In case you missed that, here is a list of upcoming events and general interest meetings (GIMs) you can attend.

BU Japanese Association (BUJA) Japan Night GIM

Japan Night is one of the biggest events on the campus of the year, and BUJA is getting a head start on it. This Monday at 8 p.m., BUJA will be holding a GIM for those interested in helping with Japan Night this year, whether it’s by auditioning as a performer, becoming a part of the kimono show or dancing a traditional Soran Bushi. Check out the event on B-Engaged to learn more.

Black Student Union (BSU) Rebirth: Black Liberation Out of the Ashes

Black History Month starts on Tuesday, and the BSU is hosting a series of events to commemorate it. With the theme “Rebirth: Black Liberation Out of the Ashes,” there will be four phases starting with deconstruction, reconstruction, rebirth and joy and perseverance. There will be a variety of events, including a “Redefining Blackness” panel from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the Black Museum event. Follow the BSU Instagram page for updates on these events.

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) International Coffee Hour

On Friday, Feb. 4 at 3:30 pm in the Old Champlain Atrium, ISSS will be hosting a coffee hour that all students are welcome to attend. During the event, people can learn about the organization while getting to know new international and domestic students. Activities during the event will include games, interactive activities and complimentary coffee and snacks. Check out the event on B-Engaged to learn more.

Asian Outlook Red Envelope Fish

Asian Outlook is the art and literary magazine of the Asian Student Union (ASU) at BU. On Friday, Feb. 4 at 5 p.m. in room UU108, they will be hosting a crafting event where students can create red envelope fishes for the upcoming Lunar New Year. Students who want to attend can RSVP through this google form.

Indian International Student Union (IISU) Avengers: Age of Tamasha

On Feb. 5 at 6:30 p.m., the IISU is hosting their biggest event of the year at the Anderson Center for the Performing Arts: Tamasha. Tamasha is a form of theatre involving lots of singing and dancing. Groups from BU such as Quimbamba and Black Dance Repertoire will be performing in a grand, Marvel-themed show. Tickets were on sale from Jan. 25 through Jan. 28 in the Tillman Lobby of the University Union. You can find more information about the event on B-Engaged.