On-Campus Events

Q Center honors victims of transphobic violence in virtual Transgender Day of Remembrance vigil

Rita Hester was only 34 years old when her life was violently seized by anti-transgender hatred. Not only is the gruesome image of her murder scene carved into her family’s memory, but...

On-Campus Events

BU Art Museum hosts scavenger hunt across campus

Nov. 14 marked the final day of the scavenger hunt, created by the Binghamton University Art Museum. The scavenger hunt was announced on the BU Art Museum’s Instagram page on April 11...

On-Campus Events

“Artivism: Art of the Gun Violence Prevention Movement” showcases activism in different forms

On Nov. 8, Binghamton University’s chapter of March For Our Lives (MFOL) held a virtual art show called, “Artivism: Art of the Gun Violence Prevention Movement.” The MFOL organization was founded days...

On-Campus Events

“Imposter Syndrome in the Workplace” event discusses lack of diversity in the workplace

Khadeemo Castello, ’19, works at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), one of the “Big Four” accounting firms as well as the firm where he had his first internship. In an anecdote he gave Friday evening,...

On-Campus Events

Q Center's annual screening of "Rocky Horror" moves online with a costume contest

This Saturday, the Q Center in conjunction with Late Nite Binghamton will be holding a virtual showing of the “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” The event will be preceded by a virtual...

On-Campus Events

Binghamton Center for Writers hosts Distinguished Writers Series with poet Jericho Brown

On Thursday, the Binghamton Center for Writers hosted a virtual reading with poet Jericho Brown as part of its Distinguished Writers Series. The virtual series, which was presented this past week by...

On-Campus Events

‘Fun with Faculty’ event with Gladys Jiménez-Muñoz brings together students, professors

On Friday, Gladys Jiménez-Muñoz, an associate professor of sociology and director of the undergraduate studies program in sociology, hosted a “Fun with Faculty” event with Harpur Edge over Zoom. Due to COVID-19,...

On-Campus Events

Steve Aoki to perform at first virtual fall concert

Get ready to attend a rave in the comfort of your own home on Oct. 23 as DJ Steve Aoki takes the virtual stage for this year’s fall concert. In response to...

Theater

Macbeth goes virtual for fall theater production

The Binghamton University theatre department’s virtual fall production of William Shakespeare’s “Macbeth” will take place this Thursday, Oct. 22 and Sunday, Oct. 25 after two performances last week. The play entails superstition,...

On-Campus Events

SAPB brings the humor with Josh Peck

Our generation’s childhood has been defined by the renowned sitcoms on Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. One sitcom in particular, Nickelodeon’s “Drake & Josh,” was a memorable and iconic show to...