Childish Gambino — the stage moniker for writer, actor, comedian and rapper Donald Glover — is performing at 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18 at the Binghamton University West Gym.

The upcoming performance is the first musical act to be held in the West Gym since 2008. Rap performer Logic will be opening the show.

Glover came up with the name “Childish Gambino” from a Wu-Tang name generator. He rose to fame last year with his debut LP, “Camp,” and has since performed at Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits and on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.” Childish Gambino will be backed by a full band when he performs on campus.

“We’re excited to bring another well-known, highly requested artist to BU,” said Adam Sebag, concert chair of the Student Association Programming Board. “We hope we are reaching out to students who often feel like their concert needs aren’t being met.”

A presale will be held at 10 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 29 in the Tillman Lobby. Tickets will cost $15 for students and $25 for the public. Tickets will also be sold online starting Oct. 30. Online fees are $3 for students, $5 for the public.

SA Programming Board members are looking forward to having one the most extensive lineups in recent memory.

“I’m just excited,” said Brianna Friia, vice president of programming for the Student Association. “We have Frost Fest and two BUMP shows to announce as well, so stay tuned.”

For more information on the show and future updates, follow Pipe Dream on Facebook or Twitter.