Restaurant Week has returned to Binghamton this spring. Between March 29 and April 7, participating local restaurants will offer three-course meals for lunch and/or dinner. Prices range from $12 through $35 with offerings including burrata, burgers and stir-fry. This semester, Pipe Dream worked with several participating restaurants and sent writers and photographers to review this Restaurant Week’s offerings. Restaurant Week offers a great way to try out local foods and support local businesses at a discount while enjoying good company.

Little Venice Restaurant, a Binghamton staple of Italian food founded in the same year as Binghamton University, offers a $15 three-course lunch and $25 three-course dinner for the spring 2022 Restaurant Week. On a rainy Thursday evening, my photographer, Sarah, and I made our way over to 111 Chenango St. to enjoy a hearty, delicious dinner.

Read more

Lost Dog Cafe & Lounge always proves to be a reliable, positive experience. For Restaurant Week, I had a good idea of what to expect from my previous experiences, but I was happy to get to try a few new dishes that I hadn’t had in the past. The meals overall were delicious and aesthetically appealing, like usual, but had a bit of a twist.

Read more

When you enter Garage Taco Bar, you are throwing yourself into a cool spot with a laidback style that sets it apart from other Binghamton restaurants. The inside consists of multiple high and low tables, tire rim lights and a car sculpture built into the wall. The car sculpture lies behind the bar, which is the centerpiece of the room. The bar also has multiple outdoor tables with overhead lights, fire pits and patio umbrellas. Rock music was playing at reasonable volumes on the speakers while service was readily available to quickly seat my photographer and I.

Read more

Social on State has long been a go-to, upscale restaurant in Binghamton, and my friend Kaitlyn has long been my go-to date. Known for its tapas, or small plates, it has been able to bring high-quality dining to a vast array of entrees, desserts and drinks — a feat for many restaurants here in Binghamton. While I am (well) acquainted with some staple Social on State dishes, I was still eager to try out their spring 2022 Restaurant Week.

Read more

Crepes. It’s what every Binghamton University student dreams of. And what better place to satisfy these cravings than The Shop? Located on 219 Washington St., The Shop is a chic restaurant that offers a variety of crepes, burgers and salads alongside a fully stocked bar. For Restaurant Week, they offered a $25 dinner menu with three courses: a starting drink, a main course and a dessert.

Read more

Remlik’s Grille & Oyster Bar is, as the name suggests, an upscale grill and oyster bar serving American fare in Downtown Binghamton. Located in the Kilmer Building on 31 Lewis St., the establishment boasts a welcoming ambiance, appealing dishes and premium wines and drinks. Remlik’s Grille & Oyster Bar also has two private rooms that can be reserved for events. This Restaurant Week, Remlik’s Grille & Oyster Bar flaunts one of the city’s more luxurious deals, with a $35 prix fixe dinner menu featuring an appetizer, main course and dessert. Any of the three courses are also available to be replaced with a glass of house pinot grigio or cabernet sauvignon.

Read more