Raquel Panitz/Pipe Dream Photographer Senior forward Alex Varkazas suffered multiple broken ribs and a collapsed lung in Binghamton's victory over Manhattan.

BU men’s soccer forward Alex Varkatzas sustained multiple broken ribs and a collapsed lung after colliding with the opposing goalkeeper in the 40th minute of the Binghamton men’s soccer team’s 2-0 victory over Manhattan on Monday.

According to a post on Varkatzas’ Instagram account on Tuesday morning, the injuries will likely keep him off of the field for the remainder of the season.

“As of right now it looks like it’s going to be season ending,” he wrote in the post.

If awarded a medical redshirt, Varkatzas will have one year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

Varkatzas appeared in all 20 of the Bearcats’ games last fall, tallying a goal and two assists on the season. Both assists came in BU’s 3-2 comeback win over Stony Brook in the America East Quarterfinals.

This year, he had started in each of Binghamton’s first four matches and was expected to play an important role in the Bearcats’ offense. In BU’s draw with Siena on Friday, Varkatzas scored the tying goal. On Monday night, he tallied two shots against the Jaspers prior to his exit. He was replaced by senior forward Logan Roberts, who is likely to take over for Varkatzas as a starting forward.