Off-Campus News

Koffman Southern Tier Incubator teaches entrepreneurs how to enter cannabis industry

The Koffman Southern Tier Incubator is currently hosting a four-week program focusing on the fast-growing cannabis industry. The program, managed alongside Binghamton University’s Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Partnerships, is called The...

Off-Campus News

Members of Generation Vote hold demonstration outside Broome County Board of Elections

Last week, students held a demonstration in front of the Broome County Board of Elections (BOE) at the Edwin L. Craw Ford County Office Building on Hawley Street. Wednesday afternoon, seven members...

Off-Campus News

BU organizations, local Binghamton organizations, discuss food insecurity in Broome County

On Monday, Nov. 8, Binghamton University organizations and Sara Velardi, lecturer of environmental studies, gathered with local food organizations to discuss food inequity in Broome County. BU student organizations New York Public...

Off-Campus News

Mayor Rich David announces $2 million investment into redeveloping blighted properties

Dilapidated and devalued properties across Binghamton are about to get a second lease on life. On Oct. 18, Binghamton Mayor Richard David announced the city’s newest investment with the Broome County Land...

Off-Campus News

BU research team looks for innovative way to improve water quality

A team at Binghamton University is researching how to improve the Southern Tier’s water quality using plants and fungi. The team’s goal is to filter per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from the...

Off-Campus News

City of Binghamton partners with BU students to build first educational nature trail

In an effort to connect community members with the outdoors, Binghamton University students and the Binghamton Parks and Recreation Department have come together to develop a new educational nature trail. Binghamton Mayor...

Off-Campus News

Broome County to receive millions in opioid crisis relief from NYS Attorney General

The Southern Tier will be receiving up to $26.7 million in funds from Attorney General Letitia James’ HealNY tour to combat its opioid crisis. After successfully securing funds from a lawsuit filed...

Off-Campus News

SA announces housing survey aimed at exposing untrustworthy landlords

Prospective Binghamton University student renters who are unsure of which landlords to trust will soon have a resource in the form of results from a brand new survey conducted by the Student...

Off-Campus News

Binghamton mayor announces small business relief fund

Binghamton Mayor Richard David has announced an additional $113,000 in COVID-19 small business relief. On Sept. 20, Mayor David informed the city of Binghamton about the fourth round of pandemic assistance for...

Off-Campus News

"Defend Our Reproductive Rights" rally held at courthouse

Hundreds gathered by the steps of the Broome County Courthouse on Saturday, Oct. 2 to protest restrictions on reproductive rights. Binghamton’s protest was part of a nationwide Women’s March in each state...