Off-Campus News

American Red Cross of Western New York in critical need of donations

The Western New York region of the American Red Cross, which Broome County belongs to, is in a critical need of blood. The American Red Cross, a not-for-profit humanitarian organization offering relief...

Off-Campus News

Local groups help Afghans bring family members to U.S.

The American Civic Association (ACA) is partnering with the United Presbyterian Church in Binghamton to help bring Afghan refugees to the United States. Due to the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan following the...

Off-Campus News

The Bridge Mentor Program aims to assist local immigrants and refugees

The Bridge Program, a free career development mentorship program for immigrants and refugees, is making strides in providing guidance to people in the local community. The program is active in the Southern...

Off-Campus News

LOFTS@JC open near new BU Health Sciences campus

LOFTS@JC, a new apartment complex created to service students and staff at Binghamton University, has opened its doors in Johnson City. Located at 128 Grand Ave., LOFTS@JC is within walking distance of...

Off-Campus News

Off-campus students face COVID-19 testing difficulties

While COVID-19 testing at Binghamton University has expanded to offer more tests for students both on and off-campus, some students living off campus this semester have encountered difficulties when attempting to get...

Off-Campus News

BU initiates after-school archaeology program for local middle schoolers

Binghamton University is initiating an archaeology after-school program for local middle schoolers in an effort to pique interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)-related fields among young learners. Funded by a...

Off-Campus News

Binghamton mayor enacts law to curb underage drinking

On July 17, Binghamton Mayor Rich David announced a “social host” ordinance law to enact penalties during situations of underage drinking. The law states that a host of a social gathering where...

Off-Campus News

'I do not want murder in Binghamton': Hundreds of Binghamton community members protest police brutality

On Sunday afternoon, hundreds of people marched in Downtown Binghamton to voice their frustration over the killing of George Floyd, 46, at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota. On...

Off-Campus News

Lost Dog Cafe to host first 'Science Pub' on Tuesday

The usual conversation at Lost Dog Cafe is probably not filled with talk of amphibians and ecology, but on Tuesday night those topics will be the spotlight. The bar and restaurant is...

Politics

BU students protest Gov. Cuomo's veto of SWEAT Bill

Binghamton University students took a stand on Thursday in an effort to curb wage theft after Gov. Andrew Cuomo vetoed the Securing Wages Earned Against Theft (SWEAT) Bill on Jan. 1. Students...