Off-Campus News

Oakdale Commons renovation plan begins

After acquiring the Oakdale Mall earlier this year, Spark JC LLC has commenced renovations to the property. Spark JC, the company that operates the renamed ‘”Oakdale Commons,” was given a budget of...

Off-Campus News

Modernization coming to the Greater Binghamton Airport

The Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM) is preparing to undergo two years of reorganization and remodeling, modernizing it for the 21st century. On Sept. 14, New York State Governor Kathy Hochul announced a...

Off-Campus News

Zoning legislation to face Planning Commission

Binghamton Mayor Jared Kraham’s legislation to restrict student housing in residential areas will go before the Planning Commission on Monday, Sept. 12. First proposed in July, the law would prohibit four or...

Off-Campus News

Two Downtown restaurant owners, one other individual arrested in connection to ongoing investigation

Two owners of Downtown Binghamton restaurants along with one other individual have been arrested in connection with recent sexual assault allegations. On Wednesday, the Binghamton Police Department (BPD) arrested Yaron “Ron” Kweller,...

Off-Campus News

The Colonial, Dos Rios and the Stone Fox open after monthlong closure

After a monthlong closure following an outpour of sexual assault allegations against owners, The Colonial, Dos Rios Cantina and The Stone Fox are open once again. In a Facebook post on Jan....

Off-Campus News

Binghamton Mayor calls for alternate-side parking compliance

Binghamton officials are urging residents to abide by the city’s alternate side parking mandate as students receive parking citations. From Dec. 1, 2021 to March 15, 2022, Binghamton streets are under annual...

Off-Campus News

U Club Binghamton starts charging for utilities

Many residents of U Club Binghamton were surprised to find a new charge added to their rent payments months into their lease. U Club Binghamton, a student housing complex in Vestal, New...

Off-Campus News

BU receives $1.6 million from EDA to attract international businesses

The Koffman Southern Tier Incubator’s new Soft Landings program is set to receive a $1.6 million grant from the Economic Development Administration. The three-year program is designed to attract international startups and...

Off-Campus News

BU alumnus shares story of Downtown assault

On the evening of Oct. 14, 2021, Kai Liu, a Binghamton University alumnus, was attacked and robbed near Recreation Park on Binghamton’s West Side, resulting in a traumatic brain injury. Liu, a...

Off-Campus News

Koffman Southern Tier Incubator teaches entrepreneurs how to enter cannabis industry

The Koffman Southern Tier Incubator is currently hosting a four-week program focusing on the fast-growing cannabis industry. The program, managed alongside Binghamton University’s Office of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Partnerships, is called The...

Off-Campus News

Members of Generation Vote hold demonstration outside Broome County Board of Elections

Last week, students held a demonstration in front of the Broome County Board of Elections (BOE) at the Edwin L. Craw Ford County Office Building on Hawley Street. Wednesday afternoon, seven members...