Politics

BU alum testifies in Trump impeachment inquiry

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, ‘98, appeared voluntarily under congressional subpoena on Tuesday to tell impeachment inquiry investigators on Capitol Hill the details of a July phone call between U.S. President Donald Trump...

Off-Campus News

Dick's Sporting Goods CEO, Binghamton native speaks at BU forum

Binghamton native Ed Stack was back in town this week to promote his new book and give a keynote speech at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Binghamton, continuing his advocacy for the...

Off-Campus News

City scraps Binghamton zoning overhaul

The Binghamton City Council voted to go back to the drawing board on Wednesday night instead of continuing with a proposed zoning plan that would have heavily impacted off-campus student housing in...

Off-Campus News

Proposed changes to zoning laws could affect off-campus housing

A proposed update to Binghamton’s zoning laws aims to address concerns about parking and neighborhood character, but could also heavily impact off-campus student housing, particularly in residential areas of the city. The...

Off-Campus News

Haley Anderson murder trial begins in Nicaragua

Orlando Tercero appeared in Nicaraguan court on Tuesday to be tried for the murder of Binghamton University nursing student Haley Anderson. Several witnesses, including Anderson’s mother and classmates, testified against Tercero during...

Off-Campus News

Activists hold Climate Strike in Downtown Binghamton

Binghamton University students and community residents held a Climate Strike in Downtown Binghamton on Friday as part of a global event that drew an estimated 600,000 protesters across the United States and...

Off-Campus News

Binghamton Police Department purchases new armored police vehicle

A new BearCat has joined the Binghamton University family, and no, it is not a new student. In July, the Binghamton Police Department (BPD) received an armored truck called the BearCat G3...

Off-Campus News

Pre-law students voice concerns as Law School Admission Test (LSAT) goes from paper to digital

The Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) is facing one of its biggest changes since its creation in 1948, as the entire test will now be administered through a digital interface — a...

Off-Campus News

Orlando Tercero charged with femicide in Nicaragua for murder of Haley Anderson

After spending over a year in prison, Orlando Tercero appeared for the first time in court on Monday in Managua, Nicaragua, where he will face prosecution for the March 2018 murder of...

Off-Campus News

76West's Clean Energy Competition offers $2.5 million prize for Southern Tier clean energy startup

A $2.5 million cash prize is on the line as this year’s 76West Clean Energy Competition enters its fourth and final round of judging. The New York State Energy Research and Development...