Are you ready for the 2022 midterm elections? If not, here are some election resources that can help. Binghamton University and Broome County have many resources dedicated to individuals seeking assistance through various stages of the voting process, including requesting an absentee ballot, answering questions about the candidates on your ballot and more.

Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)

Feeling unsure about the midterm voting process? The faculty at the CCE can help! The CCE has partnered with the Andrew Goodman Foundation Vote Everywhere initiative and the Broome County Board of Elections, organizations that encourage and aid students voting in the midterm elections, to make voting accessible. The CCE offers help in all areas of the voting process — including registration, requesting an absentee ballot, submitting completed forms and answering any election-related question. The CCE is located at University Union Room 137 and can be reached at (607) 777-4287.

The Andrew Goodman Foundation

Young adults aged 18-29 are recognized as underrepresented voices in government, according to the Andrew Goodman Foundation website. The Andrew Goodman Foundation strives to change this statistic by promoting young voices and votes by funding select institutions with mini-grants and student leaders with financial assistance. The Foundation has a voting portal resource for BU students to register, request an absentee ballot, track their ballot and more. The CCE has worked with the Foundation to create a text message service for BU students who are interested in receiving election updates and deadline reminders. Text “BinghamtonU” to 47020 to opt in and “STOP” to opt out.

Broome County Board of Elections

Facilitated by the bipartisan staff of deputy commissioners, technology coordinators, operation assistants and voter service specialists. The Broome County Board of Elections manages the voter registry, announces election results, keeps records and administers all other election-related proceedings. To date local election results, nearby voting center locations, absentee ballots and more can be found on the Broome County Board of Elections website. The office is located in Downtown Binghamton at 60 Hawley St. and can be reached at (607)778-2172 to answer any election questions or concerns.

Vote 411

Have questions about the candidates on your ballot? Enter your home address in Vote 411’s website to get a personalized voter guide. Vote 411 provides candidate debate videos, a guide to how elections work, facts and goals of the candidates on your poll and contact information for election day reports to be made in a variety of languages. Vote 411 also created a Lyft discount code — VOTE22 — that will be available only on Nov. 8 to help with transportation to a voting site. Vote 411 can be emailed at voterinformation@lwv.org with questions or concerns.

U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC)

Established by the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002, an act passed to reform the U.S. voting process, the U.S. Election Assistance Commission is an independent, bipartisan commission designed to aid Americans through the voting process. EAC responsibilities include maintaining the national mail voter registration form, certifying voting systems, functioning as America’s clearinghouse of best information and practices and more. Individuals 17 or older can sign up to serve as a poll worker in New York state through the EAC. The EAC website provides information in many languages to make voting accessible to more citizens. Located in Washington DC, the EAC can be reached at 866-747-1471 or emailed at clearinghouse@eac.gov with questions or concerns. The EAC website warns individuals using email to not include any personal identification information, such as a social security number or home address.

The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)

Since 1995, the AAPD has advocated for the participation of disabled people in government by providing aid and resources to the disabled community. Resources that explain the rights of the disabled, common voting questions regarding equitable access and key government issues concerning this community can be found on the AAPD website. AAPD also launched its Register, Educate, Vote, Use your Power (REV UP) campaign, which was created to protect the voting rights of disabled persons across the nation. The AAPD can be reached at (800) 840-8844 or emailed at communications@aapd.com for more information.