Drug Issue 2023

Television Shows depicting drug addiction in a new light

Television has been in pop culture for nearly a century since electronic television was first demonstrated successfully in 1927. Since then, the small screen has allowed creators and writers to make stories...

Drug Issue 2023

Fact vs. Fiction: Drug and alcohol portrayals in television

Drug addiction is not an easy thing for TV shows to capture on screen. Oftentimes it is hit-or-miss. Audiences can be disappointed by what they see on screen, sometimes because of the...

Drug Issue 2023

A Q&A with Marvin Diaz

Marvin Diaz is an associate professor of psychology at Binghamton University, studying drugs and the widespread impacts they can have on those who indulge in them. Pipe Dream interviewed Diaz to learn...

Drug Issue 2023

BU sees multiple-year decline in drug arrests

2021 saw a continuing decline in drug arrests at Binghamton University. During the 2021 calendar year, there were 12 drug arrests and 159 drug referrals made on and around University properties. This...

Drug Issue 2023

Important drug and addiction resources to know

College comes with challenges, which can be especially difficult to face when struggling with substance abuse. If you find yourself or a loved one facing these challenges, here is a list of...

Drug Issue 2023

Retail cannabis licenses available in Binghamton

After New York state legalized recreational marijuana, Binghamton officials have moved to update zoning laws and regulatory policy. The Marihuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA), passed by the New York State Legislature...

Drug Issue 2023

10 mocktails that anyone can make

Mocktails, the non-alcoholic counterpart to cocktails, cover a wide variety of drinks that can be substituted for alcoholic beverages. Regardless of the reason one chooses to abstain from drinking alcohol, mocktails provide...

Drug Issue 2023

Fun cocktails to make at home

Shots and cheap beer may be the alcohol preference for most partygoing college students, but a well-made cocktail offers an elevated, delicious drinking experience that shouldn’t be overlooked. If it’s a more...

Drug Issue 2023

A guide to the best psychedelic experience

A drug experience is dependent on many things, but — as long as it all lines up — it can be a rewarding and exciting journey. The main components to achieve this...