Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Men's basketball looks to improve in upcoming season after last-place finish

After much uncertainty surrounding the men’s basketball season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, games are finally scheduled to start this weekend. As the Binghamton men’s basketball team approaches its first game, it...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Women's basketball aims to continue success with new-look roster

Coming off a historic season, finishing with its fifth-highest win total in 47 years, the Binghamton women’s basketball program was a formidable opponent during the 2019-20 America East (AE) season. However, after...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

America East women's basketball preview

1. Maine As the winners of two of the last three America East (AE) championships, expectations are high for Maine heading into 2020-21. Despite losing the reigning AE Player of the Year,...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

America East men's basketball preview

1. Vermont Despite everything looking different about college basketball this season, one thing has remained the same: the University of Vermont men’s basketball program is still the top dog in the America...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Clare Traeger: 'I want to do the dirty work'

After appearing in 21 games in her freshman year, sophomore guard Clare Traeger hopes to have a breakout year. Hailing all the way from Dallas, Texas, Traeger saw limited playing time in...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Pipe Dream Sports' America East men's basketball preseason all-conference picks

Zach Cooks — NJIT, Sr., G In his senior season, Cooks will look to help NJIT make an instant impact in the program’s first season in the America East (AE). Cooks is...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Pipe Dream Sports' America East women's basketball preseason all-conference picks

Maeve Carroll — Maine, Sr., F Following Blanca Millan’s season-ending injury, Carroll stepped up to lead a Black Bears team that many counted out. After averaging just 2.6 points per game as...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Ogheneyole Akuwovo: 'I help my team by doing whatever it takes to win'

After redshirting the 2019-20 season after transferring to BU, sophomore forward Ogheneyole Akuwovo is ready to take to the court for the Binghamton men’s basketball team this season. The 6-foot-9-inch Nigerian-born player,...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Hunter Crist: 'I’ve kind of always been around the game'

Graduate student guard Hunter Crist is one of the newest additions to the Binghamton men’s basketball team this season. After playing at Wisconsin-Green Bay for three seasons, Crist graduated and transferred to...

Basketball Issue 2020-2021

Thomas Bruce: 'I think the energy I bring on defense will help us for sure'

It’s been two years and eight months since Thomas Bruce has taken the court for the Bearcats, but the imposing 6-foot-9-inch defensive forward is finally back in Binghamton for his senior year....