Sex Issue 2022

A BU professor's career studying sex

As sex and sexuality remain hot-button topics among some in the United States, one Binghamton University professor has devoted her career to studying the field. Leigh Ann Wheeler, a professor of history,...

Sex Issue 2022

VARCC — a resource for students seeking support

In 2021, Binghamton University opened the doors to the Violence, Abuse and Rape Crisis Center (VARCC), a new resource on campus aiming to help students report instances of sexual violence. BU President...

Sex Issue 2022

Q&A with the Q Center's new professional staff

Last semester, Binghamton University’s Q Center took on two new professional staff members. The Q Center is an on-campus resource for LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff, and aims to create an environment...

Sex Issue 2022

20:1 program should return to in-person format

An average of 20 women per hour are sexually assaulted in this country — a horrifying statistic that likely doesn’t even begin to encompass the accurate number of women affected. We must...

Sex Issue 2022

Parents should not teach children sex is wrong

Over the break, I made some time to binge-watch a Sweden-based high school drama with my mom. In one episode, the main character goes to his boyfriend’s house, and, like in many...

Sex Issue 2022

Virginity is not something to be lost

Virginity is a social construct that makes most people feel judged no matter how they perceive it. Those who lose their virginity at a young age get slut-shamed, and those who lose...

Sex Issue 2022

Sexual health resources on and off campus

Below is an updated list of sexual health resources for Binghamton University students on and off campus. ON CAMPUS: The Decker Student Health Services Center 4400 Vestal Pkwy. E., Vestal, NY 13850...

Sex Issue 2022

Signs of a toxic relationship and what to do

Many experience serious relationships for the first time in high school and college. When starting out, these can be fun and lighthearted, filled with PDA and a need to showcase a new...

Sex Issue 2022

OnlyFans controversies expose the challenges of digital sex work

As we get further into 2022, the odds of finding someone who hasn’t heard of OnlyFans, an online subscription-based platform, only seem to be getting smaller. The website has gained a reputation...

Sex Issue 2022

Finding the One: A ranking of the essential dating apps

Dating is hard. Meeting people in real life and finding love is not very easy and can make a lot of people uncomfortable. Thankfully, dating apps have been around for quite a...