A long-awaited Binghamton tradition is finally back in season, with the Fall 2023 Restaurant Week menus running from Tuesday, September 26 through Thursday, October 5. Restaurants who participate in this bi-annual event offer a range of three course meals at reduced prices, making for an affordable, community-enriching experience.

This semester, Pipe Dream collaborated with six Binghamton restaurants, getting a first taste of what some of these special menus have in store. From much-anticipated rigatoni ala vodka to street food style arepas, writers and photographers got the run down of what to look out for this fall’s Restaurant Week.

Lost Dog

missing

On the corner of Henry and Water Street, where string lights brighten up Downtown Binghamton and colorful picnic tables line the sidewalk, sits the beloved Lost Dog Cafe & Lounge. At the first mention of Restaurant Week, my photographer, Kai, and I jumped at the opportunity to dine at this Binghamton classic.

Read more  

Little Venice & Lounge

missing

Located in Downtown Binghamton, Little Venice continues to be a staple for the local community and Binghamton University students alike. For over 30 years, this Italian eatery has been serving up freshly made pasta and mouth watering desserts. For this fall’s Restaurant Week, they offer a $15 three-course lunch and $25 three-course dinner.

Read more  

Happy Pappi’s

missing

When we walked into Happy Pappi Arepas Bar, we were greeted by friendly staff and were invited to take our seats. Right away, I noticed that the atmosphere was cozy and inviting — an exposed brick wall lined one side of the restaurant, adorned with colorful pictures. On the other side, a dark mahogany bar top gave the establishment a sports-bar atmosphere. Though it was only 5 p.m. on a Saturday, the restaurant had a welcoming atmosphere perfect for families, couples and friends alike.

Read more  

The Grove

missing

On Thursday night, my photographer, Jacob, and I decided to start the week at the Downtown Binghamton favorite restaurant and bar with a three-course $25 dinner. With the restaurant filled with a mix of students and Binghamton locals, the friendly atmosphere made the night. The restaurant owner, Moe, and our server went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, and we even became friends with the table next to us.

Read more  

Cheesesteak Boss

missing

Nestled in Northgate Plaza on Binghamton’s Front Street, Cheesesteak Boss has an unassuming exterior. Though its distance from Downtown Binghamton and campus alike disarmed both Caspar, my photographer, and I, we came to enjoy and love the restaurant’s atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. Given that I’m hardly ever in this part of Binghamton, I was excited to try their $20 Restaurant Week three-course dinner selection.

Read more  

Parlor City Vegan

missing

This past Thursday, I sat down to try Parlor City Vegan’s restaurant week lunch menu with two photographers and friends from Pipe Dream. Parlor City Vegan is located at 81 Clinton St., on the West Side of Binghamton. The restaurant’s interior is clean, bright and elegantly minimalist. The lunch prefixed menu offered three first course options (the day we ate, the soup was tomato bisque), salad and loaded fries, three second courses — a veggie harvest wrap, cheeseburger and mac and cheese, and a cookie for dessert.

Read more