Café West 46, a hearty and delicious option for lunch during Binghamton Restaurant Week, is championed by many as “exactly what I’d want in a neighborhood café.” Known for its awesome sandwiches, salads and soups, the Café offers a bistro-like feel, with its hardwood floors, earth tones and atmospheric pictures hanging on the walls.

You can drop by for lunch at 46 Seminary Ave., on the corner of Arthur Street.

The cafe’s owner, David Dickstein, remarked that restaurant week customers are likely to be satisfied due to the “great fresh fruit” and “consistent quality,” and overall, “getting the most bang for your buck.” Café West 46 will be offering three courses in total during the week-long celebration of Binghamton’s finest eateries. The meal begins with a salad, homemade soup or macaroni and cheese as a starter, followed by any entrée menu item for the main course. In addition, you’ll be treated to a drink such as coffee or homemade iced tea. A homemade dessert seals the deal— David recommends the carrot cake cupcakes. Not bad for $10.

One of the most lively salads on their menu is the Roquette Caesar. The dish features romaine and arugula leaves tossed with garlic croutons, fire-roasted red peppers, mozzarella and creamy Parmesan herb dressing. It’s more than ideal for any vegetarian, or you can add chicken to any of the salads for an extra $2.

As for sandwich recommendations, the cleverly-named Garden of Vegan sandwich is a popular choice. Inspired by Middle Eastern cuisine, this dish has eggplant hummus, roasted red pepper, spinach, sprouts and fried zucchini in a whole wheat pita bread. Meat-lovers need not fear, however — the Café also offers sandwich nirvana in the form of a wrap called “The Cure”: marinated chicken, smoky bacon, and sharp cheddar. For those on gluten-free diets, Café West 46 offers gluten-free bread options for all of its sandwiches.

Café West 46 is the cure for ravenous college students.

Café West 46 is closed Sundays, but has special restaurant week hours for the rest of the week. They are open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Saturday, they will open at the same time but close at 3:30 p.m. You can keep up with the restaurant at their Facebook page, www.facebook.com/cafewest46.