Jacob Singleton is a sophomore majoring in business administration.

1. Tell us a bit about yourself — any clubs, hobbies or major plans for the future?

“I’m currently the [executive vice president (EVP)] of Dickinson Town Council and also a member of SUNY Kids. My biggest hobby is sports, and I own and operate two social media businesses with over 30,000 followers.”

2. What is your platform?

“My platform is broken into three categories. First, I think right now at our leadership conference we lack sufficient diversity training from the people who experience these issues on the daily. The cultural organizations at Binghamton [University] should have more say on how we should train our organizations. Second, ending bureaucracy. The [Student Association (SA)] is a bureaucratic mess in the eyes of most people and I spoke to many organizations in this past week and they all mutually agree that the SA is a bunch of faceless names and a group of people that they can’t go to for help. I want this to change by creating more community outreach and having more fluid communication between the SA and the organizations. Third and finally, space. The SA organizations are fighting for space on a daily basis and that is not fair. We need to either get more space from the University or allocate it more efficiently. Groups should not have to fight over offices, cages and general rooms.”

3. Why did you decide to run for an SA E-Board position?

“I decided to run for the SA because I found enjoyment in being an EVP through [Dickinson Town Council]. As weird as it sounds, I enjoy having the mostly miscellaneous tasks the position brings. I was introduced to the SA last semester and started getting involved through meeting the incumbent E-Board and some of our Congress representatives.”

4. Why should students vote for you?

“I think the students should vote for me because I bring a different style of leadership than the past EVPs. The EVPs in the past typically work in the shadows and I think that shouldn’t be the case for a position that handles with a lot of organizational issues on a daily basis. I want students to know my name and know my face so they feel comfortable coming to the EVP office. The SA needs to become more organizational-friendly and I [want to] spearhead that.”