Lost and Found

THURSDAY, Nov. 5, 11:30 a.m. — A 22-year-old female contacted UPD to report a theft, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim said that the day before, she got up from a desk in Glenn G. Bartle Library and left her coat and purse on the desk before walking away. When she returned, both items were missing. Her purse contained her wallet. The victim noted that she saw a male walking around the area when she left. Later on in the night the victim recovered her coat and her purse from building cleaners who found the items in a reading room. The wallet was missing from the purse. The next day the victim recovered her wallet in Lecture Hall. The victim chose criminal prosecution if a thief is found.

Life Isn’t Good

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 4, 5:20 p.m. — Officers responded to Lot O2 for reports of larceny, Reilly said. The victim, a 19-year-old female, said that when she returned to her parked car at the lot she noticed that a black spare tire cover with white lettering which read “Life Is Good” was missing. The victim noted that she was also at the Oakdale Mall earlier in the day and that it could have been taken from there as well. The value of the cover is $40. The case is still under investigation.

Bent Out of Shape

THURSDAY, Nov. 5, 8:44 a.m. — A 20-year-old female requested for officers to come to Lot F for a property damage accident, Reilly said. The victim said that she was removing items from the backseat of her car and left the door open. An unknown female suspect attempted to pull into the spot as the door was open and struck the door. The door bent and was not able to close. The victim got the name of the suspect but was unable to contact her. Officers were eventually able to contact the suspect and gave her information to the victim.

False Alarm

THURSDAY, Nov. 5, 2:06 a.m. — Officers responded to Evangola House for reports of a carbon monoxide alarm going off, Reilly said. When the officers arrived they spoke with a resident assistant who unplugged the detector to stop it from beeping. An emergency response crew came to the building and got no readings of carbon monoxide in the building. The batteries in the detector were replaced and it was reset. The detector functioned properly after the reset.