iMessed Up

FRIDAY, Sept. 25, 10:53 a.m. — A 20-year-old female was reportedly the victim of larceny at the Engineering Building, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim said that she left her phone in the bathroom on the first floor the day before and realized that it was gone later in the day. She went back to the bathroom and couldn’t find it. She used the Find My iPhone app twice and saw that the phone was first in Vestal and then in Johnson City. The value of the phone is about $600.

College, Amirite?

SATURDAY, Sept. 26, 3:54 a.m. — Officers responded to Onondaga Hall in College-in-the-Woods due to reports of an intoxicated 18-year-old female, Reilly said. The female reportedly had multiple drinks while Downtown earlier in the night. The female came back with her friend later in the night and started hyperventilating and then reportedly passed out because she had anxiety about how much she drank. The officers called Harpur’s Ferry. They responded and transported the female to a local hospital.

Ménage à Brawl

SUNDAY, Sept. 27, 2:51 a.m. — Officers responded to the loading area in Digman Hall in Dickinson Community due to reports of a fight, Reilly said. The officers broke up the fight between a 22-year-old male and a 19-year-old male. One of the males was traveling back home with a female in a taxi when the other male made a remark about having a threesome with them. The other male took offense and started arguing. When the cab got to the destination, they began wrestling by Digman. They both agreed that they did not want to press charges since they believed that both parties were equally at fault. The two parties were released and told not to have any further contact with each other.

You’ve Got Spam

MONDAY, Sept. 28, 11 a.m. — A 21-year-old male was the victim of an email scam, Reilly said. The victim said that he received an email from someone claiming to be a sociology professor. The alleged professor said that he was looking for a student to assist him and that the victim should apply. The victim decided to apply and gave the suspect personal details as part of his application. The victim received the job and was told that part of the job was to receive electronic checks and deposit them into his bank account. The victim became suspicious but deposited one of the checks anyway. The victim then contacted his bank, who advised him that it was most likely a scam and to close his account immediately. The victim complied. There are no known suspects at this time.