Off-Campus News

BU research team looks for innovative way to improve water quality

A team at Binghamton University is researching how to improve the Southern Tier’s water quality using plants and fungi. The team’s goal is to filter per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from the...

Off-Campus News

City of Binghamton partners with BU students to build first educational nature trail

In an effort to connect community members with the outdoors, Binghamton University students and the Binghamton Parks and Recreation Department have come together to develop a new educational nature trail. Binghamton Mayor...

Off-Campus News

Broome County to receive millions in opioid crisis relief from NYS Attorney General

The Southern Tier will be receiving up to $26.7 million in funds from Attorney General Letitia James’ HealNY tour to combat its opioid crisis. After successfully securing funds from a lawsuit filed...

Off-Campus News

SA announces housing survey aimed at exposing untrustworthy landlords

Prospective Binghamton University student renters who are unsure of which landlords to trust will soon have a resource in the form of results from a brand new survey conducted by the Student...

Off-Campus News

American Red Cross of Western New York in critical need of donations

The Western New York region of the American Red Cross, which Broome County belongs to, is in a critical need of blood. The American Red Cross, a not-for-profit humanitarian organization offering relief...

Off-Campus News

Local groups help Afghans bring family members to U.S.

The American Civic Association (ACA) is partnering with the United Presbyterian Church in Binghamton to help bring Afghan refugees to the United States. Due to the ongoing crisis in Afghanistan following the...

Off-Campus News

The Bridge Mentor Program aims to assist local immigrants and refugees

The Bridge Program, a free career development mentorship program for immigrants and refugees, is making strides in providing guidance to people in the local community. The program is active in the Southern...

Off-Campus News

LOFTS@JC open near new BU Health Sciences campus

LOFTS@JC, a new apartment complex created to service students and staff at Binghamton University, has opened its doors in Johnson City. Located at 128 Grand Ave., LOFTS@JC is within walking distance of...

Off-Campus News

Off-campus students face COVID-19 testing difficulties

While COVID-19 testing at Binghamton University has expanded to offer more tests for students both on and off-campus, some students living off campus this semester have encountered difficulties when attempting to get...

Off-Campus News

BU initiates after-school archaeology program for local middle schoolers

Binghamton University is initiating an archaeology after-school program for local middle schoolers in an effort to pique interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)-related fields among young learners. Funded by a...