Prepare for an entertaining experience filled with lots of laughter, for a play the New York Post calls, the funniest ever written. “Noises Off!” is being performed by the Binghamton University theater department in its second-to-last show of the season.

“Noises Off!” is set to open this weekend at 8 p.m. on March 4, 5, 11 and 12, and at 2 p.m. on March 6 and 13, in the Anderson Center’s Watters Theater.

English playwright Michael Frayn wrote this play in 1982 during a performance of another one of his plays, “Chinamen.”

The show explores a play within a play, where the play “Nothing On” is being performed throughout “Noises Off!” — allowing the audience to see the behind-the-scenes antics that go on during a play. The audience sees characters go from their personalities off stage to that of the characters they play in “Nothing On.”

Thomas Kremer is directing “Noises Off!” and said that he chose this particular play because he felt students should have the experience of working with a form of comedy known as farce.

“Farce is the most difficult performance task an actor can undertake. Although it is some of the most difficult staging work I have ever had to do as a director, the cast and I laughed a lot while doing it,” Kremer said. “I have had a great time working with the students. They have great senses of humor and are always ready and willing to try what ever I ask of them.”

Kremer also believes his excellent cast makes all the difference.

“This cast has been one of the best I have ever worked with. They dedicated themselves to this difficult task and their work has paid off,” Kremer said. “I am sure anyone who see ‘Noises Off!’ will be amazed at the quality of their performances.”

One of these actors is Anthony Corvino, a graduate student in the Elementary Education/Special Education program, who plays an elderly man named Selsdon Mowbray.

“The show puts the actors on stage through hell. The comedy requires split-second timing, and laughs rattle off like a machine gun. The audience will get their money’s worth,” Corvino assured Pipe Dream.

Chelsea Pace, a senior majoring in music, plays Brooke Ashton, a young inexperienced actress from London.

“Axes, whiskey, slaps, falls, underwear, doors and sardines. Needless to say, the cast is amazing and the play is hysterical,” Pace said.

Tickets are on sale at the box office in the Anderson Center, and unless sold out, they will be sold until 15 minutes into each show. Tickets are $8 for students, $12 for faculty/staff/senior citizens and $14 for general admission.