The combined record of the Binghamton University men’s basketball team’s next three opponents sits at a whopping 12-60.

Boy, if there was ever a time for these guys to get a win, it would seem to be now.

The woefully winless Bearcats (0-23, 0-11 America East) are using an eight-day break, their longest since December, to gear up in search of their first victory in their upcoming contest against University of Hartford (5-19, 5-7 AE). As if the Hawks’ poor record didn’t offer enough hope for the Bearcat faithful, Binghamton’s last regular season victory came almost a whole year ago on Feb. 16, 2011 — against the Hartford Hawks.

In that contest, Binghamton dominated Hartford with a 77-47 win on a season-best 55 percent shooting on the road. Then-sophomore guard Jimmy Gray shot 5-of-6 from behind the arc en route to 17 points, one of four Bearcats in double figures, while Binghamton pounded the Hawks on the glass by a 45-15 margin and hit every single one of its free throws.

But that gem of a game was buried between two now infamous regular season losing streaks: a nine-game skid before it and a record-setting 26-game slide after it. That translates to an abysmal 1-35 record in the team’s past 36 regular season games.

“I want to win for my guys, worse than anything,” Bearcats head coach Mark Macon said. “I want a win for them; I really want those guys to have a win. And that’s what we have to do.”

Binghamton is coming off its 24th consecutive loss dating back to last season, this time at the hands of Boston University. The Terriers were in control from start to finish in their 68-53 drubbing of the Bearcats last Saturday, forcing 17 turnovers and attempting nearly twice as many free throws as Binghamton.

“I think it was our intensity,” said Gray, who played all 40 minutes in the contest. “They came out with a better intensity than us. Their energy level was higher, and we’re still turning the ball over.”

While Binghamton is now the only Division I team without a win, its next three contests look like the prime time to get its first victory. Hartford stands at just 5-19 overall, while University of Maryland, Baltimore County sits near the bottom of the conference at 3-20 and the Radford University Highlanders are a paltry 4-21.

Hartford opened its season with a 13-game losing streak of its own, but while it has won just five total games, all of its wins have been in conference matches, putting Hartford right in the thick of the competition in the America East. The Hawks currently sit just half a game behind the University of Maine for the No. 6 seed, fresh off a 76-70 win over UMBC on Tuesday.

The Hawks toppled the Bearcats earlier this season for just their second win of the year, a 69-57 decision at the Events Center on Jan. 15. Binghamton was, as usual, bested statistically by its opponent in nearly every category. Curiously, Gray played the whole 40 minutes in that contest as well; he tallied 12 points and four assists. The Bearcats were led in scoring by sophomore guard Rob Mansell, who shot just 4-of-11 from the field but nailed 10-of-12 from the charity stripe to finish with 19 points. However, he committed six of the Bearcats’ 13 turnovers.

Binghamton actually led 27-26 at halftime of that game, but Hartford cruised onto an 18-5 run that saw the Bearcats miss four of five shots and commit four turnovers while letting the Hawks dice them up on the other end.

“We have to get stops,” Macon said. “We have to really focus in on our assignments, and we talk about that. These guys are playing their butts off.”

With its student body and the community desperate for a win, Binghamton is scheduled to square off against the Hawks at 2 p.m. on Sunday at Chase Family Arena in Hartford.