Pipe Dream collected Super Bowl 50 picks from popular Binghamton personalities:

Tommy Dempsey

BU men’s basketball coach

Denver 26

Carolina 24

Cam is great and his time will come. But on this day the “Sheriff” gets it done in the last game of his career. A field goal as time expires is the difference.

Marlon Beck

Binghamton men’s basketball player

Carolina 31

Denver 24

Cam Newton will lead his team to the victory and their defense has tons of energy.

Willie Rodriguez

BU men’s basketball player

Denver 28

Carolina 24

Peyton Manning will retire on top and Marlon thinks the Panthers will win. I saw him Google who was in the Super Bowl.

Harvey Stenger

University President

Denver 31 (OT)

Carolina 28

Old man quarterback has my vote. Broncos!

Milton Chester

Assistant Dean for Off-Campus Services

Carolina 27

Denver 20

There is simply no way Denver will be able to stop Cam and company. I love Peyton but this will not be his year.

Linda Cimino

Women’s basketball coach

Denver 20

Carolina 17

I have to go with the experienced quarterback who beat my team, the Patriots … if we’re going to lose, at least lose to the champions! Peyton will win his final game and retire!

Larry Shea

Owner – Tom & Marty’s

Carolina 27

Denver 7

The dog in my Twitter profile is named Newton. He’s five-years-old now. My brother and I have been Cam Newton fan boys since his college days. No way Superman loses to fucking 90-year-old Peyton Manning. I’ll be dabbing (poorly) Sunday night.

Celia M. Klin

Associate professor of psychology and associate dean of Harpur College

Carolina 31

Denver 24

My guess is almost completely random (I Googled it), but now that I am putting it out there, in Pipe Dream, I’ll be rooting for Carolina. And that will likely make all the difference. (I’m surprisingly powerful.)

Jabrille Williams

Former BU basketball player/current grad student

Carolina 24

Denver 14

This will be a hard-fought game between two of the best defenses the NFL has to offer. Peyton will play his heart out as it’s his final game of his career, but Cam Newton and his offense are very dangerous and will be too much for the Broncos.

Richard C. David

Mayor of Binghamton

Carolina 24

Denver 17

Through the regular season and playoffs, Carolina has put together a complete package. They have an MVP quarterback and a menacing defense that Peyton won’t confuse at the line of scrimmage.

Conrad Taylor

BU student/City Councilman

Carolina 31

Denver 13

I’m going to go with the Panthers! Why? Well, I’d have to Google that … but, let’s just call it a gut feeling.

Erika Merkel

BU cheerleading captain

Carolina 47

Denver 35

I think the Panthers are going to win mainly because Newton is on fire and I don’t think he’s going to let up on the momentum. However, I have heard that Peyton is going to retire soon, so he might have something to prove this Super Bowl. But, overall, I would pick the Panthers.

Christopher Meyn

UPD officer

Carolina 31

Denver 21

Having Cam Newton on the field is the same as having a second running back — the defense is always playing a man down.

Pat Reilly

UPD Investigator

Carolina 41

Denver 37

John Pelletier

UPD Lieutenant

Denver 24

Carolina 21

You have to pull for Peyton Manning — the face of the NFL — in the twilight of his career. Super Bowl=Priceless