Pissed Off

THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 7:37 p.m. — Officers on patrol observed a group of three people standing near two cars in Lot F3 and one of them urinating in between the cars, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers approached the group and asked the urinating male of an unidentified age for his ID. As he opened his wallet, the officers noticed a suspicious item and asked him to take it out. It turned out to be a forged ID. The suspect, who was not a student, was asked how he got onto campus and he said that his friend drove him. The friend was still parked in the lot, so the officers approached his vehicle and noticed the driver was trying to hide four cans of Redd’s Apple Ale in the glove compartment. The officers also noticed another can in the cup holder and some empty Coors beer cans on the floor. The officers asked for the suspect’s license and registration and smelled alcohol under the suspect’s breath. Three of the people in the group were issued appearance tickets returnable to Vestal Town Court for unlawful possession of alcohol. The fictitious license was destroyed and the male was given an additional appearance ticket for possession of a forged instrument.

Clean Break

THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 8 p.m. — An officer checking social media sites related to the University discovered that an unknown suspect broke a washing machine in Bingham Hall in Newing College, Reilly said. The suspect reportedly tore the door of the washing machine off the hinges. The officer called in a work order to get the machine fixed.

Money Shot

FRIDAY, Oct. 16, 7:43 p.m. — A 27-year-old male reported that someone stole his wallet and keys from the East Gym, Reilly said. The victim said that he placed the items against the wall while he played basketball. When he finished he noticed that the items were missing. The victim said that he didn’t remember seeing anyone walk out with the items. A search of the area came up with negative results. The case is still under investigation.

What a Freshman

SUNDAY, Oct. 18, 12:11 a.m. — Officers were dispatched to the University Union bus stop for reports of an unconscious male on a bus, Reilly said. The officers entered the bus and saw that the unconscious individual was surrounded by vomit. The individual was woken up and identified as a resident of the University. A Vestal EMS was called and proceeded to transport the individual to a local hospital.