Sasa Sucic/Staff Photographer Junior defender Lauren Lukefahr has caused 1.33 turnovers per game.

The Binghamton University women’s lacrosse team is set to conclude its regular season with a pair of games at the Bearcats Sports Complex this weekend.

Tomorrow, the Columbia University Lions (4-10, 1-6 Ivy League) are set to visit Vestal to wrap up their regular season, while Sunday pits the Bearcats against the New Hampshire Wildcats in both teams’ America East finales.

Binghamton still has an outside chance at a postseason berth, and head coach Tony Zostant believes his team has what it takes to grab the last spot in the four-team playoff.

“We had a few missed opportunities in the past couple games,” he said. “But we have a chance to sneak into the playoffs, and we’re focused on making that happen.”

The Bearcats have lost two of their last three games by one goal each and are looking to turn the tables on a current three-game skid.

A Bearcat triumph over Columbia tomorrow would set up a Sunday showdown against UNH that could decide which team receives the America East tournament’s final spot. Sunday is also Senior Day, and a win in both weekend games would tie the program record for wins in a season, matching the mark the current seniors set as freshmen four years ago.

With Zostant’s first recruiting class in seniors Beth Moore, Siobhan Menz, Ali Castiglie and Lauren Scott graduating this year, the focus will soon turn to the underclassmen to build on the seniors’ successes.

This season, Moore and Castiglie each reached the century mark in points and goals for their careers, an unprecedented feat in program history.

“We want to send our seniors out on a strong note,” Zostant said. “They helped set the program record, and they deserve another opportunity.”

With a win against the Wildcats and a loss by Vermont to Boston University, Binghamton would find itself in a three-way tie for fourth place in the America East.

But in order to do so, the Bearcats must protect home turf, something they have struggled to do this year with a 2-4 record.

Zostant cited draw control as his main concern heading into the weekend.

“We just haven’t been seeing enough of the ball, simply put. And that comes down to controlling the draws and gaining possession right off the bat,” he said. “These are two home games that we should win, and the only focus is to extend our season.”

Tomorrow’s non-conference matchup against Columbia is set for 1 p.m. while Sunday’s America East finale against New Hampshire is scheduled to begin at noon.