University at Albany was denied its third consecutive title, but not by the Bearcats.

Host Boston University captured the America East Indoor Track & Field Championship this weekend, beating out Albany by a mere 4.5 points. Binghamton finished in fifth with 74.5 total points.

Junior Jessica Hennig captured the women’s 400 title for the third consecutive year, becoming the first Binghamton female athlete to win three straight America East track & field titles in the same event. Hennig edged out Albany’s Allison Rogers with a time of 55.14, a new school record. Hennig set the previous school record last year (55.69).

“This one is very special compared to the other two,” Hennig said, according to www.bubearcats.com. “It’s been a rough season staying healthy so the win means a lot to me. Allison and I have pushed each other to run our best times when we compete against each other.”

Elsewhere in sprints, junior Erika Kisel finished fifth in the 500 with a time of 1:15.12.

In the 1000, junior Abigail Elliott posted a 10th-place finish with a time of 3:01.08. In the 3000, junior Lindsay Raulli’s time of 10:14.66 was good for ninth.

Raulli also posted an eighth-place finish in the 5000, posting a time of 18:07.53. Junior Rachel Miura finished in fourth (17:35.72).

In the hurdles, senior Kaitlin Sullivan finished third in the 60, posting a school record time of 8.77. Sullivan set a new school record in Friday’s trials (8.79), only to break it in the same weekend.

In the high jump, sophomore Alexis Murray was second in the triple jump (38-10 ¼) while junior Ashley AuPont tied for third in the high jump (5-5 1/4).

Binghamton will next head to the ECAC/IC4A Championships, which will be held March 3-4 back at Boston University.