Quarterback

Start:

Russell Wilson (SEA): Wilson has been inconsistent all year, but a matchup against the Panthers’ young secondary bodes well for him.

Colin Kaepernick (SF): Kaepernick turned in a gem last week and should keep it up against a decimated Bears defense.

Sit:

Kirk Cousins (WAS): Cousins has been rolling lately but a matchup at the Cardinals severely limits his upside, as he’ll take fewer gambles against a tough Arizona secondary.

If you’re desperate:

Jameis Winston (TB): Winston turned in a solid performance against the Seahawks and now he has a much easier matchup in the Chargers. He should be able to pick apart their secondary in what looks to be a high-scoring game.

Running back

Start:

Frank Gore (IND): Gore has a mouthwatering matchup against the Jets on Monday night. The return of Andrew Luck should ease up some of the pressure in the box, giving Gore plenty of running room.

Theo Riddick (DET): The Saints have already allowed 13 rushing touchdowns on the year, and the Lions’ workhorse Riddick should be able to increase that number.

Sit:

Jonathan Stewart (CAR): Stewart exploded in a two-touchdown game last week, but the Panthers’ lead back now faces the Seahawks’ defense on the road, which will severely limit his upside.

If you’re desperate:

Kenneth Dixon (BAL): Dixon has overtaken Terrance West as the lead back in Baltimore. In a decent matchup against the Dolphins, he will receive enough touches to potentially have a big day.

Wide receiver

Start:

Brandin Cooks (NO): Cooks was shockingly not targeted last week, but this is nothing more than an anomaly. A home matchup against the Lions — which looks to be a shootout — puts him in prime position to rebound from last week.

Tyrell Williams (SD): Williams has been a fantastic vertical threat for the Chargers, and Philip Rivers has been peppering him with targets. He is dealing with a shoulder injury, and should he not play this Sunday, Dontrelle Inman would make a great replacement option.

Sit:

Jarvis Landry (MIA): Landry has been held to fewer than 60 yards in his past five games, showcasing an extremely low floor to go with his already low ceiling. Many players are in a more encouraging position than Landry this week.

If you’re desperate:

Sammy Watkins (BUF): Watkins made a long-awaited return from a foot injury that had sidelined him for the past two months and immediately showcased his upside. Even on limited snaps, Watkins possesses big-play capability as the Bills’ second best playmaker.

Tight end

Start:

Antonio Gates (SD): Known as Philip Rivers’ favorite red zone target, Gates surprisingly wasn’t targeted last week. This shouldn’t be the case this week against a struggling Buccaneers defense.

Eric Ebron (DET): Ebron also put up a rare goose egg last week, but remains one of Matthew Stafford’s favorite targets and now faces a very weak Saints defense.

Sit:

Coby Fleener (NO): Fleener has been a non-factor as of late, and a daunting matchup against the Lions does not help his case.

If you’re desperate:

Vernon Davis (WAS): With Jordan Reed nursing a shoulder injury and not expected to play, an opportunity has opened for Davis. Despite a tough matchup against the Cardinals’ linebackers, Davis still has enough upside to have a solid day.