Kevin Sussy/Photo Editor Evan Cole

Quarterback

Start:

Eli Manning (NYG): Manning has been up and down all year and has struggled to show a high ceiling. This week, though, he has the best matchup imaginable against the winless Browns. His talented receivers should get open easily.

Carson Palmer (ARI): Palmer has struggled consistently to produce good outings this season, but has an inviting matchup in the Falcons’ weak secondary. This game could be a shootout, with Palmer reaping the benefits.

Sit:

Cam Newton (CAR): Still in the midst of a hangover season for the ages, Cam simply cannot be trusted due to his alarmingly low floor.

If you’re desperate:

Colin Kaepernick (SF): Kaepernick has quietly put together three consecutive weeks of elite play in the pocket, and as a runner. He should keep it rolling against a decent Dolphins’ defense.

Running back

Start:

Rashad Jennings (NYG): Jennings has been rolling the past two weeks. He’s now in a prime position to extend his streak since the Browns don’t have anyone up front to stop him.

Devontae Booker (DEN): Booker has struggled since he took over the lead back role a couple of weeks ago, but his high usage keeps him in the running to start against the Chiefs.

Sit:

Mark Ingram (NO): Ingram splitting snaps with Tim Hightower. This limited workload combined with a very tough matchup in the Rams makes him a running back who should be left on the bench this week.

If you’re desperate:

Wendell Smallwood (PHI): Darren Sproles and Ryan Mathews are both banged up, leaving the Eagles with no option but to turn to the talented rookie. His workload and big play ability gives him plenty of upside heading into a Monday matchup against the Packers.

Wide receiver

Start:

Allen Robinson (JAX): Robinson has finally started to produce some solid outings, and Blake Bortles is making a much more concerted effort to get him the ball, especially in the red zone. He should be targeted heavily this Sunday against the Bills.

Michael Crabtree (OAK): Crabtree turned in a dud last week against the Texans, but should turn it around this week against a weak Panthers’ secondary.

Sit:

Brandon Marshall (NYJ): Marshall is the victim of the Jets’ quarterback carousel, with nobody targeting him enough to keep his yardage up.

If you’re desperate:

Tyler Boyd (CIN): With last week’s injuries to A.J. Green and Giovani Bernard, Boyd is the next man up in the Bengals’ receiving corps. The rookie has a high ceiling and a great matchup in the Ravens’ secondary.

Tight end

Start:

Zach Ertz (PHI): Ertz has been producing consistently for several weeks, as he is a favorite check down option of Carson Wentz. This Monday night, Wentz should look his way plenty, especially in the red zone.

Gary Barnidge (CLE): Barnidge has a great matchup in the Giants, as they’ve allowed huge games to tight ends in consecutive weeks. Josh McCown also loves to look his way in the end zone, so Barnidge could be on his way to a big day.

Sit:

Julius Thomas (JAX): Thomas has been phased out of an already poor Jaguar offense.

If you’re desperate:

Jared Cook (GB): Cook had a very encouraging performance last week, and will look to keep it going this Monday as Aaron Rodgers’ check down option.