The Binghamton women’s basketball team has received signatures from two high school standouts this week during the NCAA’s early signing period. Lizzie Spindler of Taylor, Pennsylvania and Kaylee Wasco of Midland, Michigan, sent their national letters of intent to BU and will be a part of the 2017-18 freshman class.

Spindler is a 5-foot-8 guard out of Riverside High School who verbally committed to the program in August 2015. She is coming off a junior year in which she averaged 17.1 points, seven rebounds and six assists per game. Her efforts earned her a First-team All-Region selection by the Scranton Times-Tribune. She was also a First-team Division III Lackawanna League All-Star in both her sophomore and junior seasons. Spindler currently plays point guard, but could succeed as a shooting guard at BU. She drained 75 3-pointers in her first two years of high school.

Wasco is a 6-foot-2 forward from Herbert Henry Dow High School. She averaged 12 points per contest as a junior and shot 67 percent from the field. She also grabbed nine boards and blocked 2.5 shots per game. Wasco was named to the first-team Saginaw Valley League and was selected as a member of the Saginaw News Class A All-Area team. She is also a standout in the classroom; the Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan named her to the Academic All-State team. Wasco will be one of the tallest players on the team, second only to a member from last year’s recruiting class — freshman forward Payton Husson.

On the heels of a stellar five-player 2016 recruiting class, BU has not wasted time adding to its 2017 lineup.

The Bearcats start their season on Friday against Bucknell. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m. at the Events Center in Vestal, New York.