Brandon Stein/Contributing Photographer Redshirt sophomore guard Jasmine Sina put up 12 points in her first game back from last year’s season-ending injury.

It had been 19 months since redshirt sophomore Jasmine Sina last took the court at the Events Center. In that time, the court had been renamed, the Binghamton women’s basketball team had won its first playoff game in five seasons and defeated all outside expectations to finish third in the America East (AE).

None of that mattered, however, when Sina donned a BU jersey once again on Sunday in the Bearcats’ 53-47 exhibition victory over Rochester. The 2015 AE Rookie of the Year missed the entirety of last season due to a torn left ACL. As soon as she took position at the top of the key, it seemed as though she had never left, sinking a signature three-pointer less than two minutes into play.

“Today was a proud moment because it’s the first time Jasmine [Sina] has been on the court in a year,” sad BU head coach Linda Cimino. “I know how hard she worked in the offseason during rehab and she’s just been a great leader. Today was like her reward, to be able to be back on the court.”

Despite not having played in a game last season, Sina was not hesitant about her position on the court.

“I wasn’t really nervous; I was just more so happy and excited to be out there,” Sina said. “I just love putting the jersey on and being able to provide for my teammates, so it was a great feeling to be back.”

Sina was one of three Bearcats to reach double digits in scoring during the game. Junior guard Imani Watkins, paced BU with 14 points. Junior center Alyssa James, who recently switched positions from forward, contributed 10 points to BU’s offensive effort.

The game wasn’t an open-and-shut victory for the Bearcats, though, as there were four lead changes and the score was knotted three separate times. In the first period, Rochester took a four-point lead, coming out of the frame on top, 16-14.

“This is definitely the reason you play a game, is to get the kinks out and to get the rust off and I think that we experienced that today,” Cimino said. “We did some really good things today, but we’ve got a lot to work on.”

BU responded in the second period, outscoring the Yellow Jackets, 15-5, to take a lead they held until the final buzzer.

Sunday’s game marked the first time Sina and James have ever played together. Each has played key roles for the Bearcats in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons, respectively.

“[Sina] and Alyssa [James] are going to work really well together and I think that they’re going to make a great combination during the season,” Cimino said.

The contest against Rochester, although just a preseason primer against a Division III team, was notable for a major reason. It was the first competition in more than two seasons in which the Bearcats had the luxury of a deep bench. Since Cimino took the the helm in 2014, BU has always struggled with a short roster.

In her freshman season, Sina regularly played 39- and 40-minute games. On Sunday, she played just 33. The difference in time on the court was not lost on James.

“It was a lot different for me; I’m not used to it,” James said. “The first time Coach [Cimino] pulled me out, I’m like, ‘Oh, I get a break.’ And then I’m like, ‘Alright, I wonder when I’m going in next.’”

BU is set to return to action this Friday in another exhibition match against Saint Rose. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. from the Events Center in Vestal, New York.