Evan Cole

Quarterback

Start:

Blake Bortles (JAX): Bortles and the Jaguars’ offense have underperformed in the first quarter of the season, but they have an opportunity to turn things around Sunday against a very suspect Bears defense.

Carson Wentz (PHI): Wentz has performed very consistently to start the year and should keep things up against the Redskins, who are missing key defensive backs due to injury.

Sit:

Andy Dalton (CIN): Dalton, an otherwise solid quarterback, has struggled against very strong defenses. This week, the Patriots pose another challenge.

If you’re desperate:

Marcus Mariota (TEN): Mariota is coming off a great performance against the Dolphins last week, throwing three touchdowns and rushing for another. He has a dreamlike matchup against the Browns at home this week, so he should be able to do whatever he wants against the worst team in the NFL.

Running Back

Start:

Jamaal Charles (KC): Some may be concerned about his small workload last week, but Charles should be ready to be the high-upside running back that he is known to be against the Raiders’ weak defense.

T.J. Yeldon (JAX): Yeldon looked great against the Colts in the Jags’ last game, and he has an excellent matchup in the Bears this week. He should see plenty of running room against a struggling Bears defense.

Sit:

Rashad Jennings (NYG): Jennings is working his way back from a broken thumb and if active, he will take on a very physical Ravens defense. The Giants’ offense is a work in progress, so this is certainly a matchup to avoid.

If you’re desperate:

James White (NE): White has embraced the role of being the Patriots’ passing down back and he has the ability to make big plays, especially with Tom Brady’s return from suspension. He should get plenty of dump off opportunities this Sunday.

Wide Receiver

Start:

Willie Snead (NO): As the No. 2 receiver, Snead can get overlooked sometimes, but he’s an essential part of the Saints’ passing game and should be involved in what has the makings of a shootout against the Panthers.

DeSean Jackson (WAS): With Jordan Reed out with a concussion, Jackson looks to be the Redskins’ first option this Sunday. He will be particularly motivated to perform this Sunday against his former team, the Eagles.

Sit:

Quincy Enunwa (NYJ): Enunwa has rightfully generated lots of hype as a replacement for Eric Decker, but the brakes should be pumped for this week, as he faces an elite defense in the Cardinals.¶
If you’re desperate:

Sammie Coates (PIT): Coates exploded for a monster game against the Jets last week and he has a chance to build off of it against an even worse Dolphins defense.

Tight End

Start:

Coby Fleener (NO): Coming off a bye, Fleener has some sleeper appeal, as he was dropped in over 20 percent of ESPN standard leagues in the past week. He should play a part in what looks to be a very high scoring game against the Panthers.

Dennis Pitta (BAL): With Steve Smith, Sr., and Mike Wallace injured, Pitta is suddenly the top receiving option on the team. He has the potential for a monster game on Sunday, as the Giants have struggled to cover tight ends.

Sit:

Julius Thomas (JAX): Thomas is coming off of an injury and even before he was hurt, he was phased out of the passing game. To make things even less appealing, Chicago’s best defensive skill is covering tight ends, so this is a matchup to avoid.

If you’re desperate:

Jason Witten (DAL): Witten has a chance to turn in a big performance against the Packers, who have really struggled to contain tight ends. Witten is a top passing option for Dak Prescott and he should have plenty of opportunities for big plays.