The Boston University Terriers and the University of New Hampshire Wildcats are set to meet in Hartford on Saturday in the tournament’s third quarterfinal matchup.

BU (18-13, 12-4 America East) is the second seed after finishing one game behind regular season conference champion University of Vermont. UNH’s seed was not determined until the last day of the regular season, when UNH lost to the University of Hartford and became the seventh seed.

BU comes into this game after ending the regular season on an eight-game winning streak. The Terriers haven’t lost since Jan. 29, when they fell at New Hampshire, 60-48. In that contest, New Hampshire used a strong defensive effort to hold BU to 26.9 percent shooting. BU’s star scoring duo of junior Darryl Partin and senior John Holland shot a combined 7-of-27 from the field. UNH’s senior guard Tyrone Conley poured in 26 points and hit four 3-pointers, while senior center Dane DiLiegro and freshman forward Brian Benson each grabbed nine rebounds. UNH finished the regular season on a three-game losing streak, going 3-5 since the win over Boston.

On Jan. 4, UNH lost at BU by a score of 61-54. Holland scored 20 points and junior center/forward Patrick Hazel added eight points, 10 rebounds and six blocks. Boston, keyed by Hazel’s defensive effort that night, shut down UNH’s offense, holding it to 33.3 percent shooting.

Boston is hoping John Holland, who won the conference scoring title after averaging 19.2 points per game, will be near 100 percent on game day. Last Thursday in a game against Binghamton University, Holland landed on the foot of a player and hurt his ankle late in the first half of Boston’s victory. He did not return in the second half and was seen icing the injury on the bench. He did not play against Vermont on Saturday, though nothing was at stake in terms of seeding. According to the Daily Free Press, Boston University’s student newspaper, he is expected to play in the tournament.

Conley, who averaged 15.3 points per game for the Wildcats, will be relied on for offense. He has shot 14-of-31 against BU this season and averaged 20 points per game in the two contests. He will need help from sophomore guard Chandler Rhoads, who has averaged 8.9 points per game. DiLiegro has given the Wildcats 8.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game this year. UNH scores the fewest points in the conference at 58.2 per game while shooting 37.3 percent from the field. They also allow the fewest points scored at 60.6, preferring a slower pace to games in order to take advantage of their strong defense and length inside.

Boston scores 65.7 points per game, which is third in the AE. The Terriers are the second-best outside shooting team in the conference, shooting over 36 percent from 3-point range. Partin, who will be relied upon to be a first option-type player if Holland is unable to play at full strength, is the team’s second leading scorer with 14.9 points per game. Rookie guard D.J. Irving has upped his play against conference opponents, producing 8.8 points and 4.2 assists per game. Off the bench, sharp-shooting junior guard Matt Griffin shoots over 44 percent from 3-point range, helping to spread the floor for BU’s perimeter attack.

Last season, UNH upset third-seeded Maine in their quarterfinal before losing to eventual champion Vermont. Boston made the AE title game before losing to the Catamounts, 83-70.

Tip-off is set for 6:05 p.m. on Saturday at Hartford’s Chase Arena.