Binghamton women’s tennis freshman Michelle Eisenberg won the singles flight A championship on Sunday at the West Point Invitational. She came into the Invitational as the No. 3 seed in the A flight.

Michelle received a bye in the first round and automatically qualified for the round of 16. Freshman Samara Eisenberg and junior Paulina Tafler were the other two Bearcats to advance in singles play, each winning their opening matches in flight C. However, both Bearcats fell in the round of 16.

Samara and Tafler saw success in doubles play as well. The pair of Samara and junior Olga Ostrovetsky advanced in flight A before being defeated in the round of 16. Freshman Rebecca Dellaway and Tafler advanced to the quarterfinals of flight B. They fell in the quarters to the third-seeded Army pair of sophomore Genevieve McCormick and freshman Danna Funaro, who were the eventual champions of the flight.

After winning twice on Saturday, Michelle took on second-seeded freshman Sibel Can of Lehigh in the semifinals on Sunday, coming out on top in a three-set match. In the finals she defeated the fourth seed in two straight sets, 6-2 and 6-3, to claim her first collegiate championship and BU’s first title of the season.

Binghamton is scheduled to return to play at the ITA Northeast Regional on Oct. 20.