Raquel Panitz/Pipe Dream Photographer Senior goalie Erin McNulty had a game-high eight saves in Binghamton’s 14-4 loss to Albany on Wednesday.

Following a heartbreaking overtime loss to New Hampshire on Saturday, the Binghamton women’s lacrosse team looked to clear its mind and start fresh. Unfortunately, the Bearcats’ performance on Wednesday afternoon proved disappointing, as it took just a few minutes into the second half for the Bearcats to lose their shot at redemption. Binghamton (4-8, 0-2 America East) couldn’t climb out of a 4-0 hole, dropping its fourth consecutive game, 14-4, to Albany.

“We just got kind of defeated by a couple of quick goals in the second half that we weren’t able to recover from,” BU head coach Stephanie Allen said.

The Great Danes (6-3, 2-0 AE) brought the fire early, scoring four consecutive goals in the first 10 minutes of play. The Bearcats didn’t register a shot until over six minutes in, when freshman midfielder Rebecca Golderman’s attempt was saved. Although down early, BU played a strong first half, consistently chipping away at Albany’s lead. Golderman ended the Albany rally by converting a broken play into a goal for her team-leading 20th of the season. Ten minutes later, senior goalie Erin McNulty launched a long pass to Golderman, who maneuvered her way down field to score her second of the game and cut the Albany lead to 4-2. After another Albany goal made it 5-2, Golderman picked up a hat trick with 45 seconds remaining to send the Bearcats into the locker room trailing, 5-3.

Any momentum that the Bearcats had gained before the half quickly faded. Albany controlled the first draw out of halftime and wasted little time in answering back. Great Danes junior attack Dakotah Savitcheff converted just 30 seconds into the half, jump starting a 9-0 run that pushed the score to 14-3.

“[Albany is] an incredibly talented team,” Allen said. “They do a good job being patient with their opportunities and capitalizing their possessions with goals.”

McNulty, as the defensive anchor for the Bearcats, may have had her play overshadowed by the score. Tallying eight saves, she made key stops that put BU in a position to remain in the game. There were a number of unfortunate looks or fouls, however, that paved the way for Albany to get easier shots on net and be more successful.

After being held scoreless for 26 minutes, senior attack Sophia Racciatti closed the scoring when she finished a pass from junior midfielder Callon Williams in the back of the cage. The goal made the score 14-4, which would hold until the final buzzer.

Swept up in the frustrating loss were a few bright spots for the Bearcats. Golderman secured nine of 10 draws for BU, a single-game program record. Her three goals also extended her point streak to 10 straight games. The Bearcats will hope to rally around her strong play.

“To get nine of 10 draw controls is pretty outstanding and exceptional for a freshman,” Allen remarked. “She continues to perform under the toughest of conditions.”

On the defensive side, senior defender Allie Rodgers registered her 65th caused turnover of her career, setting the Binghamton program record.

Binghamton is set to return to action on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup with Colgate. First draw is set for 4 p.m. from the Bearcats Sports Complex in Vestal, New York.