Photo Provided by BU Athletics. Sophomore starting pitcher Jacob Wloczewski allowed just four hits in BU’s victory over Albany on Saturday.

After a 2-11 start, the Binghamton baseball team has flipped the script on its season, compiling eight wins in its last 12 contests. After completing a three-game sweep over Albany last weekend, the Bearcats (10-15, 6-0 America East) are off to their best start in their 15-year tenure in the America East (AE).

“I think we’re playing with a lot of confidence right now,” BU head coach Tim Sinicki said. “We know that we’re only six games into our conference season. We also know that there’s many difficult games ahead in the schedule, so we’re not going to get too far ahead of ourselves and be overconfident.”

The team has been swinging its bats well lately and showed it off this weekend. BU attacked its way to a 7-1 lead, fueled by two home runs by junior first baseman Brendan Skidmore. Sinicki has touted Skidmore as one of the premier hitters in the AE Conference, and with 21 RBIs this season — including 10 RBIs in his last seven games — Skidmore is proving himself to be just that. The Great Danes (8-16, 1-5 AE) chipped away at the lead, but Binghamton held on for a 7-4 win.

On Saturday, BU continued its offensive onslaught by compiling 15 hits en route to a 9-4 victory. Sophomore center fielder CJ Krowiak went 4-for-4 with two RBIs and three runs scored to lead the charge for the Bearcats. Sinicki has been pleased with the offensive production thus far and hopes that all nine hitters in the lineup will remain consistent over the season.

“We’re trying to get production out of our entire lineup,” Sinicki said. “For some guys, that means hitting the ball over the fence for a home run, or driving the balls into the gaps for doubles. For others, it’s getting on base and setting the table for our run-producers. Our focus is trying to make sure that every guy in the lineup is embracing their strengths.”

Redshirt sophomore starter Jacob Wloczewski pitched seven innings — six of which were scoreless — and allowed just four hits and two runs en route to his third victory of the season on Saturday.

“Since we’ve inserted [Wloczewski] into our rotation and he’s been active, he’s been great,” Sinicki said. “He’s got good fastball command and he mixes it with a couple of secondary pitches, and he’s been a real boost for our staff.”

After his team was ranked fifth in the preseason poll, Sinicki said on preseason media day in February that it wouldn’t have an effect on the team’s performance. He echoed that sentiment this week, saying that he doesn’t talk about it with the team.

“At this point, once you start playing the games, those things don’t matter a lot,” Sinicki said. “We’re just trying to improve and get better as the season goes on, but obviously we’re thrilled with getting off to a good start in conference play.”

The Bearcats are set to face AE rival UMass Lowell this weekend in a three-game series. The two teams are scheduled to play a doubleheader on Saturday with the first game set for noon and a second game beginning shortly after the conclusion of the first. The series will conclude on Sunday, with a single game beginning at noon. All games will take place from Edward A. LeLacheur Park in Lowell, Massachusetts.