Editor’s note: Each week of the NFL season, Pipe Dream Sports writer Mary Martellotta will give advice on who to start, who to sit and who to add in your fantasy football league.

This week shouldn’t be too bad as far as the bye goes. The teams with week eight off don’t have a ton of players who make or break your squad. However this doesn’t mean you should stop looking for ways to improve your team to gain a few extra points if your current options aren’t inspiring. With a few players widely available for pick up and a few highly owned players you should stay away from this week, hopefully you’ll make it out of this week with a win.

Start:

Danny Woodhead RB (SD): While I wouldn’t expect a repeat of his week seven performance, he still has the potential for a big fantasy performance this week. Away against the Ravens, Woodhead should continue his role as a highly targeted receiving back. The Ravens defense hasn’t had much success this season defending against receiving backs, allowing them to score an average of 20.4 points per game. Although his upside is greater for those playing in a points-per-reception league, he is still a viable option in other league settings as starting running back.

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB (NYJ): Still at only 23 percent owned in ESPN standard leagues, he’s at least a reliable back up and a solid start this week. His fantasy points have been consistently in the high-to-mid teens every week and he’s had a few breakout performances. This week at Oakland shouldn’t be an issue for Fitzpatrick, seeing as he produced a respectable fantasy outing last week against the Patriots strong secondary, playing without throwing an interception. Against the Raiders incredibly weak defense, Fitzpatrick should be able to produce at least the same level of productivity as last week on Sunday — with a much greater potential for a big time performance.

SIT:

Peyton Manning QB (DEN): When his team’s were facing Green Bay, starting Manning was once a no-brainer. He used to inspire confidence in fantasy owners that were lucky enough to have him on their rosters and up until the end of last season Manning retained this reputation. However, now his presence on a fantasy roster seems more like a curse. He has had multiple games so far this season of only pulling in single-digit fantasy scores and has had at least one interception per game since week one. I no longer have any confidence starting Manning in any fantasy league setting. His performance is unpredictable at best and his point ceiling this season seems to be around 20. It is definitely time to say that Manning’s best is behind him.

Jeremy Hill RB (CIN): This week at Pittsburgh, Hill is definitely a running back I’d stay away from. His time-share with back-up Giovani Bernard in addition to the Steelers’ defense– which is eighth in the league against the run–makes Hill a no go in your starting lineup. This however also depends on whether he can punch in a goal-line touchdown.

Last week’s picks:

Alex Smith(KC)– 14 points

Ryan Fitzpatrick (NYJ)– 19 points

Eagles defense– 6 points

Vikings defense– 9 points

Benjamin Watson (NO)– 5 points