Photo Provided Junior outfielder Sydney Harbaugh earned AE Player of the Week honors on Monday after leading BU with a .643 batting average over the weekend.

After a strong performance at the Myrtle Beach Tournament, the Binghamton University softball team continued adding to its stellar week on Tuesday. For their efforts in the Bearcats’ (8-6) routing of South Carolina — a four-game sweep taken by a combined score of 40-9 — junior outfielder Sydney Harbaugh earned the America East Player of the Week honors, while junior pitcher Cara Martin garnered the AE Pitcher of the Week award.

“I think overall, we have done a good job,” BU head coach Michelle Burrell said. “Our girls have done a good job weekend to weekend just making adjustments … I think we’ve seen good improvements all around. Overall, we are happy where we are at.”

After being named the Conference’s Player of the Year as a sophomore, Harbaugh has picked up right where she left off. She is currently batting .400 on the season with two home runs and nine steals. Harbaugh is tied for the team lead with 14 RBIs and her 19 runs scored ranks first in the America East.

“I think she has been really consistent in the box for us,” Burrell said. “She hasn’t put too much pressure on herself … I think her on-base percentage is definitely where we want it to be.”

Harbaugh earned Player of the Week honors after dominating in Myrtle Beach. The junior went 9-for-14 over the four-game stretch while belting two home runs and knocking in five runs. Harbaugh connected for three hits, delivered three RBIs and scored a pair of runs in BU’s 20-2 rout of Rider on Sunday.

“Last weekend I thought she really felt like she got comfortable in the box,” Burrell said. “She started to hit the ball a lot harder than probably she had the last two weekends. Overall I think she did a really good job.”

After struggling on the mound in her previous outing, when she allowed five earned runs over two innings against Michigan, Martin — who redshirted last season after transferring from Rhode Island — took her opportunity and ran with it. In nine innings at the Myrtle Beach Tournament, Martin did not allow a run, giving up only four hits and striking out four batters. Martin earned two of the Bearcats’ four victories, including a complete game shutout in BU’s 8-0 win over Manhattan.

“She has done a really good job,” Burrell said. “I think her first weekend out she was definitely tight and nervous on the mound. She has continued to improve with every game and experience she gets out there. I think she has done a really good job and she has been really stepping up for us in that position.”

The Bearcats are scheduled to return to action this weekend when they head to the North Carolina State Hyatt Place Invitational, where they will face Longwood and Fordham in a doubleheader Friday, Missouri and Lipscomb on Saturday and conclude with a single game against host N.C. State on Sunday.

“[We] are looking forward to going into this weekend,” Burrell said. “We’ll see some good competition prior to starting conference play the following weekend.”

First pitch for BU on Friday against Longwood is set for 9 a.m. from the Dail Softball Stadium in Raleigh, North Carolina.