The Binghamton men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams failed to capture their first victories this season, as both were swept in two consecutive meets. The men fell 188-112 to Drexel University on Saturday before dropping their Sunday match, 89.5-60.5, to Cornell University. On the women’s side, the Bearcats were defeated first by Drexel, 162-137, on Saturday and later by Cornell, 113-56, on Sunday.

The men captured two individual victories over Drexel. Junior Brian McKenna captured the 50-meter free event with a time of 21.25 while sophomore Ruan Zorgman took first in the 200-meter breaststroke by a narrow margin of .39 seconds. Against Cornell the following day, sophomore Liam Cashin finished on top in both the 200 individual medley (1:54.94), and the 200 free (1:45.51), while McKenna again came out on top in the 50-meter free (21.51).

On the women’s side, senior Caitlin Kelly continued her impressive start to the season. Over Drexel on Saturday, she took first in both the 50- and 100-meter free events, with times of 23.99 and 52.99, respectively. Kelly won the 50 free against Cornell on Sunday, posting a time of 23.96 to record her third consecutive victory in the event. Other victories for the team included in the 100-meter butterfly event on Sunday, in which the Bearcats filled the top three slots. Finishing in first was junior Selina Ng (58.98). She was followed by freshman Courtney Foley (1:00.26) and senior Shannon Lampe (1:01.37). The relay team of Lampe, Ng, Kelly and senior Corinne Zotter also combined for a first-place finish in the 200-meter medley relay in both meets as well.

Both teams are set to return to action at the Bucknell Invitational. The event, which is scheduled for Nov. 21-23, will be held at the Kinney Natatorium in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.