The Binghamton golf team gave an up and down performance at the Cornell Invitational this weekend, recovering from Saturday struggles to deliver an efficient outing on Sunday.

On the second day of the 54-hole tournament, the Bearcats’ participation was salvaged by senior Jack Sedgewick, who shot 69(-2) on the day. That score ties the lowest round of any competitor over the weekend, which granted him a team-best 17th-place finish.

As a team, the Bearcats finished the third and final round on Sunday by shooting an overall 298(+30). That lower score drastically altered BU’s place in team standing, garnering it an eighth place finish, which was five places above where it started the day. That nominally low finish was precipitated by BU’s opening day of play, in which the team shot a first round of 316 — 32 over par — landing it in 14th out of 15 teams. Junior Jesse Perkins led the team on Saturday with 78(+7) in the round. The Bearcats improved upon their play, albeit minimally, in the second round of the afternoon. Shooting a combined 308(+24), BU moved up a spot into 13th place to finish the day. Perkins again led the team with a score of 75(+4) and finished the day in 26th place overall. Through the tournament, Perkins finished six spots behind Sedgewick, in 23rd.

The Bearcats return to action on Sunday when they head to the Patriot Intercollegiate, a two-day tournament hosted by George Mason.