Player of the Year — Erik van Ingen, Track and Field/Cross Country

A cornerstone of the men’s cross country and track and field teams for the last four years, van Ingen made his senior year perhaps the finest yet. He garnered attention when he finished the mile in under four minutes for the second year in a row. His highlight, though, came when he was able to do the one thing he had never quite pulled off before: earning All-American honors. He finished fifth in the mile at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championship, good enough to be named All-American. He followed it up with a pair of first-place finishes in the America East Outdoor Track Championships.

Rookie of the Year — John Paris, Wrestling

With his role relatively unknown at the beginning of the season, wrestler John Paris took advantage of the opportunities he received and showed his coaches that he belonged in the starting lineup. By season’s end, Paris earned himself the Colonial Athletic Association Rookie of the Year award, in addition to making the All-Rookie team. He posted a 19-12 overall record, including an 8-2 record in dual meets. As the No. 3 seed in the CAA tournament, Paris wrestled his way into the finals at 197 pounds.

Coach of the Year – Kevin McKeown, Lacrosse

Just five years ago, McKeown was recognized as a significant member of the men’s lacrosse team. Today, he is the coach of that team, though it didn’t happen under ideal circumstances. After the resignation of Ed Stephenson, who had been the only coach in team history, the Bearcats turned to third-year assistant McKeown. He provided stability for the program and brought the team to the America East tournament, where the squad lost by just four goals to nationally ranked Stony Brook.