Tycho McManus/Staff Photographer Junior attack Paul O’Donnell will look to add on to his career-high 11 goals of the season on Saturday.

Home has not been sweet to the Binghamton men’s lacrosse team this season.

The Bearcats (2-3) haven’t lost on the road, but they’ve dropped each of their three games at home.

With No. 19 Colgate visiting the Bearcats Sports Complex on Saturday, head coach Scott Nelson said he hopes his team regains its winning formula as the season’s midway point approaches.

“No matter where [the guys] play, it’s important,” Nelson said. “Especially since there are only 14 games in a season.”

Senior attack Matt Springer and junior attack Paul O’Donnell, who have combined for 24 of the team’s 45 goals this season, will look to lead BU on the offensive end. Senior midfielder Michael Antinozzi, one of only three Bearcats in program history to put up 100 points in a career, should also be a major offensive contributor. During BU’s 12-5 loss last year against Colgate (5-1), both Springer and Antinozzi contributed goals.

Averaging nine goals a game, BU can fill up the net. But Colgate’s offense also packs a punch. Its balanced, efficient attack has led the team to a 5-1 record, including a win over No. 20 Bryant. A true challenge for the Bearcat defense will come in containing Colgate attacks Ryan Walsh and Brandon McCann, who have recorded 21 and 12 points on the season, respectively. As for the Raider defense, senior Bobby Lawrence has accumulated 19 ground balls and forced 13 turnovers this season.

But after their solid performance against then-No. 15 Cornell in February, the Bearcats have already proven they can hang close with top competition.

“If we can run with a top-20 team, we can go with anybody. It will serve as a great confidence booster,” Nelson said. “But of course, for us, it’s all about America East play.”

Play is scheduled for 3 p.m. Saturday at the Bearcats Sports Complex.