Not even the rain could stop the Binghamton University volleyball team Wednesday night. The Bearcats stormed to their third win in four matches, finishing off Siena College 3-0, squeezing in the contest just before the West Gym was converted into a shelter for victims of Binghamton’s latest rainstorm.

The victory marked career-win No. 200 for Binghamton head coach Glenn Kiriyama. The two-time America East Coach of the Year is currently in his 13th season at BU.

“It feels good,” Kiriyama said of the milestone. “But you don’t really keep track of those things. It sort of surprised me. But it just means that I’ve got a lot of support here, and it’s nice that I have a place to coach and a team that wants to play for me.”

Binghamton (3-6) came out strong to start the first set, taking off to a quick 4-1 lead. Though the Saints (1-4) managed to even the score at five, the Bearcats pushed ahead once more. Two straight kills from sophomore middle hitter Grace Vickers put BU up 12-9 and the Saints were unable to catch up. Binghamton took the first set 25-18.

BU continued to roll in the second set, snapping an 11-11 tie and never looking back. The Bearcats knocked off Siena 25-19 with another strong offensive performance highlighted by two service aces from junior outside hitter Iva Partaleva.

The third set proved the hardest-fought for the Bearcats as they battled to extend their winning record to 9-2 against the eight-time Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference champion Saints.

Siena jumped ahead early and battled to stay there as Binghamton fought to tie the set five different times before an ace by freshman setter Amanda Dettmann put BU ahead. Prior to the match, Dettmann, who was named to the UConn Toyota Classic all-tournament team last weekend, led the Bearcats with an average of 0.36 aces per set. The rookie tallied 39 assists on the night.

Back-to-back kills from junior middle blocker Alex Roland extended BU’s lead and the Bearcats were finally able to clinch the victory 25-20 to sweep the Saints in three consecutive sets.

“We had some good performances out there,” Kiriyama said. “I thought overall it was really good. They stepped it up. I thought our hitters, especially our outsides, they had probably their best match of the year so far.”

Vickers, who was named to last weekend’s all-tournament team alongside Dettmann, continued to impress Wednesday night, fueling the BU offense with a match-high 14 kills.

Freshman outside hitter Kristin Hovie contributed with 12 kills of her own, a handful of which loomed large in the Bearcats’ victory. Prior to last night’s match, Hovie ranked first among Binghamton players this season with an average of 2.56 kills per set.

“She had a great match,” Kiriyama said of Hovie’s performance in Wednesday night’s win. “She was pretty much unstoppable out there. It was nice to see her being aggressive and getting some kills there.”

Binghamton’s victory over Siena extended the program’s unbeaten streak against the Saints at home to four straight games. Over the last six years, BU has boasted a home winning percentage near .740.

Despite the stormy conditions outside and the early start put into effect as a result, a decent-sized crowd once again filled the bleachers of the West Gym in support of the Bearcats.

“I know [the team] notices it, and it does help out,” Kiriyama said of the turnout. “I think the crowd is a factor, and it was nice to see so many out on such a rainy night. It was really nice to see that.”

The Bearcats are scheduled to continue non-conference play this weekend in the Rutgers Invitational at the College Avenue Gym in New Brunswick, N.J. Binghamton is set to kick off play 7 p.m. tonight against Rutgers. On Saturday, BU is scheduled to face off against Princeton University at 10 a.m. followed by a 2 p.m. match against Howard University.