Michael Contegni/Staff Photographer Sophomore guard Jordan Reed averaged 21.5 points and 15.5 rebounds in a pair of games last week.

Jordan Reed earned America East Co-Player of the Week honors for the third time this season, the league announced on Monday.

Reed, who split the award with Vermont senior Sandro Carissimo, averaged 21.5 points, 15.5 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and two steals while shooting 55 percent from the floor in a pair of games last week. With Reed’s 23 points and 15 boards inspiring his teammates on Feb. 4, the Binghamton men’s basketball team nearly upset Stony Brook at the Events Center. Four days later, the Bearcats downed Maine, 73-58, behind Reed’s 20 points and 16 rebounds.

Reed had been mired in a slump since BU head coach Tommy Dempsey pulled him for the second half of a Jan. 15 loss at Stony Brook. Dempsey suspended his leading scorer for the Jan. 20 loss at Albany, and in the four games preceding the Feb. 4 meeting with the Seawolves, Reed averaged 9.8 points and 4.8 rebounds.

“Quite honestly, Jordan’s just playing on another level the last couple of games,” Dempsey said following the win over Maine. “When he plays at that level emotionally, it gives his coaches, his teammates, the young team that he’s playing on a confidence that, ‘Alright, let’s just go with this guy right now.’ He’s diving on every ball and diving into the bleachers … it’s inspiring.”