Redshirt junior guard Rob Mansell, who missed all of 2012-13 while recovering from tears of his left ACL, MCL and meniscus, said he’s ready to return to game action.

“It feels great,” Binghamton’s leading scorer of 2011-12 said of his knee. “It’s not even an issue. Feels just like my right.”

Mansell plans to team up with sophomore guard Jordan Reed to provide the Bearcats a scoring punch they lacked last season.

******

BU head coach Tommy Dempsey said he has primarily pitted Reed and Mansell against each other in practice because their competitive natures push them to higher levels.

Dempsey said he plans to start playing them on the same side of the ball, and he is not concerned about their ability to excel alongside each other.

“Rob finishes a little bit more at the mid-range while Jordan finishes more at the rim,” he said.

******

Academically ineligible for the last 13 games of 2012-13, senior guard Rayner Moquete has been cleared to play this semester. Moquete, who averaged 8.1 points per game last year, said he’s healthy and excited to suit up.

“Just knowing that I will be able to help the team reach our goal feels great,” he said.

******

Junior forward Jabrille Williams has not practiced in the official preseason after undergoing surgery two weeks ago to repair a sports hernia. Dempsey said he expects Williams to return to action in about one month.