File photo/Sasa Susic Senior Anna Edelman will look to improve her 1-1 singles dual record as the women?s tennis team takes on a pair of opponents this weekend.

After posting a closely contested season-opening loss on the road at Syrcause University, followed up with a 7-0 sweep against Seton Hall University, the Binghamton University women’s tennis team will look to improve on its 1-1 dual record this weekend as it is set for a pair of dual matches. The Bearcats have a match at Cornell University on tap tomorrow, followed by a visit to Bucknell University on Sunday.

The Big Red are 2-0 on the season thus far, with each of those wins coming at home. Each of their victories have been by a score of 7-0, over St. Bonaventure University and St. John’s University, respectively. At the Cornell Winter Invitational, the Big Red gave the Bearcats some headaches in both singles and doubles, with the majority of the final day matches being between the two schools. Both finals doubles matches were between Cornell and Binghamton, and they were split, with the Big Red taking the title and the Bearcats securing a win in the third/fourth playoff. The Bearcats managed to secure a victory in the Flight B Doubles final and in the Flight A Singles final as well, with Cornell securing a win in the third/fourth playoff of Flight A Singles.

Binghamton senior Anna Edelman went 1-1 at first singles during her team’s first two duals. She was entangled in a thrilling battle against Syracuse junior Alessondra Parra, but ultimately took a tough 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 6-7 (5) loss. Edelman rebounded two days later, winning in straight sets 6-4, 7-6 (5) against Seton Hall freshman Pui Wing Sher. Cornell will most likely send out sophomore Christine Ordway to face Edelman at first singles tomorrow. Ordway is 2-0 this season. She posted a clean 6-0, 6-0 victory against St. Bonaventure and added a 6-4, 6-1 win against St. Johns. Ordway is also part of an undefeated second doubles tandem alongside freshman Ryann Young. The pair won both of its second doubles matches 8-1. Edelman and junior Marina Bykovskaya are 1-1 at first doubles for the Bearcats thus far.

BU junior Jillian Santos is 2-0 in duals at second singles. In the dual at Syracuse, she was victorious over freshman Maddie Kobelt 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (3). Santos also recorded a win in straight sets against freshman Rocio Portela, 6-2, 6-0.

The Bearcats’ second match of the weekend should prove to be less troubling. Bucknell, who also took part in the Cornell Winter Invitational, did not seem to pose as much of a threat, managing just one win over the Bearcats in the first round of play and going 1-2 against the Bearcats on the second day. No Bucknell players advanced to the final round. The Bison are 0-3 on the year, losing at Pittsburgh 6-1, at Duquesne 5-2 and at Penn State 7-0.

The match at Cornell is scheduled for a 3 p.m. start tomorrow, while the match at Bucknell is set to start at 1 p.m. Sunday.