The Binghamton University men’s and women’s tennis teams concluded monumental seasons last week, and this week they earned major accolades for their accomplishments.

The men’s squad, which had won the previous three America East Championships, captured the tournament’s No. 1 seed en route to earning its fourth consecutive title.

On the women’s side, the No. 1 seed in the AE tournament had the Bearcats within one game of their first title, but a loss to Boston University in the championship finals left the team with its second runner-up finish.

The Bearcats’ impressive performances led to recognition for both programs, as the teams combined to sweep the America East Tennis Player of the Year awards as voted on by the conference’s coaches.

Senior Sven Vloedgraven, who anchored the Binghamton men’s squad through four conference crowns, earned the award for the third consecutive season. In the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings, Vloedgraven stands as the No. 77 singles player in the nation and posted a 21-2 mark in singles play this season.

For the women, senior Anna Edelman was presented the award for the first time in her collegiate career and at No. 1 singles posted a 16-5 record.

Both Vloedgraven and Edelman earned first-team All-Conference honors for both singles and doubles play.

Senior Arnav Jain, junior Gilbert Wong, junior Alexandre Haggai and sophomore Ruben Devos join Vloedgraven as first-team All-Conference singles selections.

Joining Edelman in earning both singles and doubles honors is senior Lauren Bates, who played No. 2 singles for the Bearcats and played with Edelman as the team’s No. 1 doubles tandem.

Recognition for Binghamton’s accomplishments was given to the programs’ coaches as well, as both the men’s and women’s staff earned honors.

For the men, Binghamton and Boston were both awarded the men’s Coaching Staff of the Year honor. As reigning ITA Northeast Coach of the Year, Adam Cohen led his team to its fourth consecutive title, further bolstering Binghamton’s reputation as one of the nation’s premier programs.

First-year head coach Libby McGovern captured women’s Coach of the Year honors after her Bearcats nearly ended Boston’s 18-year reign as America East champions.