Binghamton Athletics With a time of 47.63, senior Cazal Arnett won the men?s 400-meter dash at the Cornell Outdoor Open on Saturday.

Senior Cazal Arnett, junior Kaitlin Sullivan and freshman Camille Ginyard highlighted the Binghamton University men’s and women’s track and field teams’ performances at the non-scoring Cornell Outdoor Open on Saturday. All three won individual titles for the first time in the new outdoor season.

Arnett took first place in the 400-meter dash, posting a time of 47.63. Sophomore Dustin Ross placed third in the event with a time of 49.17. Junior Karl Schnabl also placed in the event, taking sixth place with a time of 49.99. Arnett has won America East outdoor titles in the 400 in two of the last three seasons.

Sullivan took home the women’s 100-meter hurdles title with a time of 14.72. Sullivan also competed in the 400-meter hurdles, where her time of 1:04.67 earned her second place. Sophomore Ashley AuPont finished in fourth place in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.88. Ginyard captured the women’s pole vault title with a height of 11-7 3/4. Sophomore Jenna Marrione took second place in the pole vault, clearing the same height as Ginyard.

Junior Jesse Fuca was a runner-up in the men’s 400 hurdles. His finishing time was 55.17. Junior Colin Anderson notched a second-place finish in the men’s hammer throw, reaching a distance of 159-6. Sophomore Jessica Hennig had another runner-up performance for the Bearcats. She finished the women’s 400 hurdles with a time of 56.68.

Sophomore Jeff Martinez finished the men’s 1,500-meter dash in 3:54.55, which earned him third place in the event. Freshman Alexis Murray had a distance of 17-7 1/2 in the women’s long jump, which was good enough for sixth place.

Both teams are set to compete at the Bison Outdoor Classic at Bucknell University this weekend. Competition is scheduled to commence at 3 p.m. on Friday and continue at 9 a.m. on Saturday.