In the latest issue of the Binghamton Review, there is an article written by an anonymous author titled “Is White Genocide Real?” to which the author answers vaguely: sort of. The author concedes that there are no mass killings of white people taking place, but that the population of white people globally is diminishing because of immigration and political correctness, and something must be done to stop it.

I could spend these few hundred words arguing why white genocide isn’t real. I could explain that whiteness is a social construct developed to justify anti-black chattel slavery. I could explain how the author’s assertion that indigenous peoples’ oppression in the Americas began after they became a minority to white colonists is an anti-historical account. I could go into every single statistic and citation and explain why it either doesn’t matter or isn’t real at all.

But I’m not going to. Why? Because that wouldn’t do a damn thing. What’s the point? Instead, I’m going to expose this writer for what they are.

A white supremacist named David Lane coined the now infamous “14 Words,” a sentence that was categorized by the Anti-Defamation League as a white-nationalist dog whistle: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” The author admits in the introduction that the Anti-Defamation League considers this sentence a serious warning sign that an organization might be a hate group. Does he believe them? No, he waves it away as nonsense because the Anti-Defamation League is “the same organization that labeled ‘Pepe the Frog’ as a hate symbol.” The fact that it is literally a quote by a white supremacist adapted from a passage of Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” (“What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people”) does not seem to register with the author.

Or take Anders Breivik, the terrorist who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011. Breivik cited in his manifesto a series of attacks on white Afrikaners’ farmland in South Africa as proof that there is at least one place in the world where a real attempt at anti-white ethnic cleansing is happening. Not only are those attacks actually the result of anti-colonialist sentiment, as apartheid had only ended a few years prior while most farmland still belonged to the families of nationalist leaders, but they were partially the impetus for Breivik’s attack. Why do I mention this? Because our friend cites these same attacks as evidence for their belief in the myth as well.

It is not hyperbole to call this rhetoric Nazi-like — it is a civic duty. We need to remember why and how the Holocaust happened. It wasn’t just one man and a few hired thugs. Hitler played on people’s fears of a lost German supremacy being ravaged by invading hordes. That fear of lost German supremacy became the white genocide myth. Don’t believe me? Look at any neo-Nazi website on either side of the Atlantic Ocean and you’ll find that their primary motivation for ethnic cleansing is the false belief that they themselves are being ethnically cleansed.

That’s why the Binghamton Review should issue an apology and a retraction, and keep this writer from ever publishing an article again. In the meantime, everyone reading this who is as disgusted as I was when they found out there are Nazi and apartheid sympathizers on campus: pay attention to the next issue of the Binghamton Review. If they don’t issue an apology and ignore the problem altogether, or worse, they try to turn this criticism into some sick joke, then you know what side of history they stand on.

The author of this column has requested anonymity.