Time for some sensitivity training: Let’s talk about bodies.

This is a sensitive topic for everyone, whether you feel comfortable admitting it or not. Even if you are comfortable with your body, chances are you feel under some pressure to keep it that way, you haven’t always been that way or something else along those lines. It’s something everyone can relate to because — big shocker — we all have bodies.

Most people aren’t 100 percent happy with how they look, which is totally understandable. We’re only human, and we strive for perfection, whether or not that goal is actually attainable. In the meantime, however, we need to remember that even if we don’t look how we might want to in a perfect world, our bodies deserve our love.

Loving your body is a lot more mental than physical, though that goes against popular belief.

A lot of people think that if they aren’t happy with their bodies, then that’s a cue that they’re doing something wrong and need to diet more or work out harder. While maintaining a healthy lifestyle does promote a healthy body image in a lot of ways, you could lose weight or gain muscle and still not be happy with how you look. The change has to come from within.

That might sound a little preachy, but it’s true. Your body is the only one you’re ever going to get, and you should be comfortable with that fact.

From my own experience, I can say that being comfortable in your own skin is difficult. In a lot of ways I don’t think I’m comfortable with myself. However, I do love my body, and I’m learning to respect it more every day.

When it comes to body image and sex, some people are so concerned with how they look that they end up ruining their chances with a potential partner or ruining a sexual experience due to insecurity. Sex should be enjoyable; if you’re too concerned with your body, then you’re not going to have a good time.

Plus, I’m sure you’ve heard of the best accessory of all time: confidence.

That might not have been exactly mind-blowing since I’m sure most people have heard that hundreds of times before, but it’s true. People nowadays are truly afraid of their flaws.

Flaws are like making mistakes in the past. You can try to run from them, or you can accept them. In fact, you can make them into something that gives you confidence.

I have scarring from stretch marks; I’m not ashamed of them. They give me more confidence because they came from a time in my life when I was depressed and didn’t respect or love myself. Now, when I look at them, I’m reminded of how far I’ve come and how much farther I intend to go in terms of my self-confidence.

When it comes to flaws, you can also change your body to a certain extent.

I’m not a huge endorser of plastic surgery or even caking on makeup, but these options are out there. If you can find a healthier alternative, then I would say go for that in every scenario. But if you can be assured of your safety and said choice of action would make you feel more confident in a way that you would otherwise never feel, then maybe you could consider it.

Coming to terms with your body is an extremely personal experience, and so there’s no way for me to write a guide to what you need to personally do. For some people it requires facing a lot of your demons, and for others it just takes the realization that you aren’t giving your body what it deserves.