My experience at Binghamton University has been a series of tragedies, construction and the best times of my life.

The class of 2012 is well aware that the University wanted us to suffer through all four years with shitty dining halls, a D-grade gym facility, endless central campus construction that won’t benefit us and, of course, the ever-so-beautiful East Campus construction project.

I lived in what will soon be called “the former Dickinson Community” for three years of my college career. Most stop me there, but it was for a variety of reasons, and I actually grew to like the place.

However, I am already positive that I hate everyone who gets the opportunity to live in the new Dickinson a few years down the road. And I hate the fact that once I graduate, Dickinson will be the coolest place to live, as it is best known now for housing the most random assortment of students who wish they lived in College-in-the-Woods or Newing College.

The endless construction all over campus is, in general, a great thing. However, for me and my fellow seniors, it’s bullshit, because in our four years at Binghamton we hardly got to see anything “new,” although I will give kudos to the refurbished East Gym facility.

I’ve paid good money to go to a state school, and soon enough our University is going to look like a private institution, just without the ivy and a campus full of stuck up, old-money bitches.

Besides the God awful buildings we’ve had to deal with, we’ve literally had a tragic event occur EVERY YEAR. Just search the New York Times database and you’ll quickly learn that most people associate tragedy, failure and scandal with Binghamton University, if they even know what the hell it is.

Perhaps the worst tragedy to happen in my four years here was the American Civic Association shooting, where 13 people were murdered in cold blood.

We managed to make headlines for tragedy and scandal sophomore year. In December 2009, Professor Richard Antoun was stabbed and killed in Science Building I by a grad student. The year continued in a downward spiral with the basketball scandal breaking and ended with our long-reigning president Lois DeFleur retiring.

Junior year wasn’t as climactic, but two sororities did lose their charters, which was a big deal to some people.

As for our senior year, we’re all well aware of the devastating September floods, the unseasonably warm winter and the impending demise of Binghamton’s Greek Life empire.

Despite all the tragedy and bad times Binghamton has had, I still love this place. Whether I want to admit it or not, this obese, pessimistic city has become a “home” to me.

From the amazing professors and faculty, who have made my life here so comfortable and have allowed me to push the boundaries of a liberal arts education (shoutout to Jill Seymour and Mary Haupt), to some delicious eateries that I know I’ll be craving (Nezuntoz, Lost Dog, Tranquil, Plaza Diner) to my fellow Pipe Dreamers who have helped me learn and grow so much as a writer — Binghamton really has been good to me.

Let’s not forget my phenomenal friends. Everyone thinks they have the best friends in the world, but I know that the select few who I’m closest to will still be a part of my life in 20 years.

As senior year comes to a close, all I can do is reminisce on the ridiculousness that my life has been for the past four years. We may all be living in a bubble in Binghamton, but we certainly know how to have a good time.

For those of you not graduating, enjoy your college years. Any alum I talk to tells me how depressed they are after BU. College is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to black out on a weekly basis, get with four guys in one night and procrastinate on doing work until the morning it’s due — and have it be acceptable.