Starting next week, the Pipe Dream Editorial Board will be publishing a once-weekly editorial to appear in our Friday issue.

Straying from our traditional twice-weekly editorial, this change comes as we reconnect with our goals for the platform. Part of our mission as a newspaper is to produce content that not only informs our readers, but also connects to them in meaningful ways. We strive to do this by listening to the voices of over 17,000 students and community members and figuring out what they truly hold important and propel their ideas and concerns into the spotlight.

Communication is the key to nearly every relationship that there is. And it is our hope that by introducing a once-weekly editorial, that we can further open the lines of communication, and hear more of what you — the students — have to say. We can now be more confident pieces that will repeatedly resonate with our readers each week, and never use the platform for content that may fall flat or go ignored.

This past year was an extremely active one for our University — a year that was punctuated with many instances of conflict and change, giving us plenty of intense moments to fill the space with. This year will undoubtedly bring in a similar flurry of news and discourse. As our campus continues to engage in passionate discussion about a tumultuous current state of affairs, both close to home and worldwide, semiweekly editorials seem frivolous. We want to ensure that each time you pick up a copy of Pipe Dream, you are reading the most meaningful content we can produce — content that caters to the intelligence of our readers and is worthy of your time.

Although we are cutting down the quantity of editorials we produce, we are dedicated to improving their quality. It’s no easy task to represent and speak for the entire BU student body; perhaps it is an impossible one. However, it’s one that Pipe Dream is committed to reaching. Our decision to publish more meaningful editorial content on a less frequent basis is one change that we believe will help get us a step closer to doing this.

Once a week, we will be taking a step back from our custom and not publish a Tuesday editorial. This step back will allow us to move forward in listening, discussing and digesting the opinions, stories and values that can be found in our community. This will enable us to take an even bigger stride towards serving as the most representative voice of our campus community. And while we take a step back and look toward moments of reflection, we hope to open ourselves up to you.

Reach out to us, share your stories and help us guarantee that when we use our platform, we use it well and we use it right. Help us understand your voices, so we can take the time to best represent them in ours.